Wildflower Pictures on the site

Submitted: Tuesday, Sep 25, 2012 at 09:17
ThreadID: 98228 Views:2828 Replies:6 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi David & Michelle ...
I have just noticed the wonderful wildflower pictures you have scrolling across the top of the of the site. Just beautiful!
We did see the Giant Hakea when we travelled out to Isralite Bay in 2009 - we had never seen such a plant before.
On our next trip over your way we will have to spend a lot more time just being amongst this display and ... we have to find those wreath flowers.
Rob
The outback calls

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Phil 'n Jill (WA) - Tuesday, Sep 25, 2012 at 09:33

Tuesday, Sep 25, 2012 at 09:33
He Navigator,

The wreath flower is abundant around Morawa & north - the Canna Store area on the way through to Mullewa.

Canna has a local display of many orchid varieties and a diverse range of wildflowers as well.

They are always dependent on the seasonal rains, so it is worthwhile checking before departing that the season has been productive.

I trekked up to Mt Augustus a few years back - complete with a recent newspaper article about how wonderful the wildflowers were, only to be dismayed at the total absence of them.

When asked at the tourist centre about the misleading info, we were advised that the article was a 'reprint of the year before'.

Luckily we were able to treat our eastern states visitor to massive displays at Kings Park - just a tad closer to home.

Happy travelling

Regards - Phil
Phil 'n Jill (WA)

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 495597

Reply By: Gone Bush (WA) - Tuesday, Sep 25, 2012 at 10:06

Tuesday, Sep 25, 2012 at 10:06
I've always been able to find wreath flowers on the side of Goodlands Rd north of Wubin.

How are you Chicka and Robyn?

I'm glad I ain't too scared to be lazy
- Augustus McCrae (Lonesome Dove)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 495599

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Tuesday, Sep 25, 2012 at 10:20

Tuesday, Sep 25, 2012 at 10:20
These photos and many others have come from the huge wildflowers collection link in this blog - Wildflowers Photos - The Blog

I have been thinking about a wildflower database - similar to the fish species I wrote years ago and have not had time to finalise. I am still working towards it but have several other tasks on the production line before I get there.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 495601

Reply By: get outmore - Tuesday, Sep 25, 2012 at 10:54

Tuesday, Sep 25, 2012 at 10:54
wildflowers are a bit sparse this year out from perenjori, last year was a bumper year but patchy would be the best description this year.

best place for wildfloers right now is much closer to home,

i went for a walk along whistlepipe gulley last night near forrestfield and the flowers were amazing

(appolagies for the phone pics)

AnswerID: 495602

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Tuesday, Sep 25, 2012 at 12:04

Tuesday, Sep 25, 2012 at 12:04
Very nice :)
I found the mountain bike trails around Kalamunda and into Mundaring etc were in bloom quite early this year too. Haven't been up for a few weeks unfortunately. People should remember - the further south, the later the wildflower season.
MM
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 771226

Reply By: Member - Rowdy6032 (WA) - Tuesday, Sep 25, 2012 at 12:03

Tuesday, Sep 25, 2012 at 12:03
Hi

As Gone Bush has said, Goodlands Rd nth. end.

This pic is from 2011.

AnswerID: 495605

Reply By: Member - digfra W.A. - Wednesday, Sep 26, 2012 at 11:51

Wednesday, Sep 26, 2012 at 11:51
Hi All.
A few more wreath flowers just out from Pindar W,A.
AnswerID: 495674

Sponsored Links