Northern NSW coastal trips

Submitted: Wednesday, Sep 26, 2012 at 20:12
ThreadID: 98262 Views:1881 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

I am new to this site (posting etc) but I have been following many posts and I thought I would register to ask for some pointers and advice. I like doing coastal trips in NSW south from the QLD boarder.

Can anyone recommend any areas that are worth visiting for trekking/surfing/4WD that are along the coastline. I recently visited Minnie waters and had a fantastic time along the trails and scored some nice surf as well. This really opened up my eyes to the area and would be interested in other people's experiences.

I travel solo most of the time but enjoy staying a camp grounds and meeting new people hence the love of the illaroo camp site. I know Bware use to post on here about these areas, maybe he is still around to provide some input?

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Steve M1 (NSW) - Thursday, Sep 27, 2012 at 20:09

Thursday, Sep 27, 2012 at 20:09
plenty of surf north (and south for that matter) of Coffs. Several around Woolgoolga/Corindi. Less than an hour further south is Scotts Head for a good break.

have a look here: http://beachsafe.org.au/#q=Arrawarra&latitude=-30.0601492&longitude=153.1938646&page=

I'm no surfer but my boys like these spots
AnswerID: 495757

Follow Up By: Brockyt - Friday, Sep 28, 2012 at 06:39

Friday, Sep 28, 2012 at 06:39
Hi Steve!

Thanks very much for the info, will definitely pack the
Swag soon and have a look around that area. Beautiful
Part of the world and quite as well.

Cheers, Brock.
FollowupID: 771373

Reply By: Member-Heather MG NSW - Friday, Sep 28, 2012 at 05:21

Friday, Sep 28, 2012 at 05:21
Hi Brockyt,

The Brooms Head area is great...surrounded by National Parks and lots of beautiful coastline. Not sure about the surfing... Sandon River campsite just south of the town in the National Park is popular and there is also a good Caravan Park in Brooms Head.

Suggest you just turn towards the coast off the Highway whenever you see a road and have a look...so many places to choose from.

regards,

Heather
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt. John Muir

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 495777

Follow Up By: Brockyt - Friday, Sep 28, 2012 at 11:04

Friday, Sep 28, 2012 at 11:04
Hi Heather,

Thanks for the info! I definitely plan to head towards the coast this weekend. I might head to the woody head area and have a look this weekend. Hopefully the weather will be good! Any other camping spots you can reccomend?

Cheers, Brock
FollowupID: 771395

Reply By: Member - Kevin S (QLD) - Friday, Sep 28, 2012 at 14:32

Friday, Sep 28, 2012 at 14:32
Brock, just south of South West Rocks at Kinchela a road branches off that follows the beach to Port Macquarie and goes through Hat Head, Crescent Head and Point Plomer. Pat Callinan covered it on one of his TV programs and it looked really good. Point Plomer was a highlight with its proximity to Limeburners Creek Nature Reserve.
Cheers,
Kevin
Kevin
It is important to always maintain a sense of proportion

2019 Mitsubishi Cross

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 495818

Sponsored Links