Review: VMS Touring 700HDs On & Off Road

My Shop Item Rating: My Rating 4/5

Hi, We have an earlier model of this unit. The large screen is great, especially if you are on rough tracks with the vehicle rocking & rolling - it gives you more chance to see where you are.
We had some initial problems with our unit but found mostly the VMS back up was good. Everything is working fine now.
The unit comes with the Oz interface so you can then download your own pre-purchased maps in this format. It is very nice having the large touch screen and text to use these maps. It is disappointing that VMS have taken the contours of their own off-road maps.
Our previous unit was another well known brand but the battery died and the screen (first model) was tiny by comparison. with similar pricing at the time of our purchase we decided to give this unit a go. We are not disappointed.
A shield on the sides and top of any GPS would be nice to help looking at the screen on a bright day.
Every brand has some things that owners would prefer to be different, but in general we are happy with this unit.
We always travel with good paper maps and usually our little el-cheapo unit for towns - it is amazing how many off road tracks karen knows about though (we usually have her running out of interest)
Cheers & Happy Travels
Pam & Grant

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links