Power at Lorella Springs

Submitted: Friday, Sep 28, 2012 at 21:06
ThreadID: 98299 Views:1923 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Lorella Springs now have powered sites and very shortly will have air conditioned cabins. The Natham river Rd has just been graded to Butterfly Springs from the Roper Bar end, and all creek crossings are dry. The road from Cape Cawford is a little worse for wear, with. Still very dry and needs rain to settle the dust.
Andy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Min (NSW) - Saturday, Sep 29, 2012 at 10:08

Saturday, Sep 29, 2012 at 10:08
Hi Andy,

Thanks for your info on road conditions.

Power at Lorella Springs? What is the world coming to!

Some may scoff at having cabins in remote areas but for some folk, due to age or disability, it may be the only way to enjoy such wonderful places.

Cheers,
Min
AnswerID: 495865

Reply By: pop2jocem - Saturday, Sep 29, 2012 at 10:53

Saturday, Sep 29, 2012 at 10:53
Now I haven't been there yet myself although Lorella is defininetly on my "to go to" list.
I have had a good read of there web site. The attraction for me was the remoteness and unspoiled "feel". I wonder how long it will be before we love it to death like so many other similar spots, and yeah I know that "you aren't caught in traffic, you are traffic" applies to me as well.

Cheers
Pop
AnswerID: 495868

Follow Up By: Member - Alan W (QLD) - Saturday, Sep 29, 2012 at 20:20

Saturday, Sep 29, 2012 at 20:20
Was at Lorella Springs about 6 weeks ago. The remoteness is disapearing. During the drive to Rosie Creek Camp, the road was very cut up by mining vehicles. There is one lot searching for whatever they can find. The other lot is putting in a 200Km bitumn road to the port facility, Not sure where. on the road to Rosie Camp you cross the prep for the road where they have cut a swath 100 metres wide with everything bulldozed, as far as you can see for the road. I believe from what I heard that they have found very high grade iron ore

AlanW
FollowupID: 771511

Follow Up By: pop2jocem - Sunday, Sep 30, 2012 at 15:52

Sunday, Sep 30, 2012 at 15:52
Hi Alan,
A bit sad to hear that. A mate of mine that did a few off road adventures with me no longer bothers. His opinion is that there are just too many "No entry, mining vehicles only, permit required" signs and way too many cars and people for it to be worth while. He hand built a 42' steel hulled (ketch I believe) took him the best part of 15 years in his backyard and now sails around in the wet stuff for his leisure time.

Cheers
Pop
FollowupID: 771549

Sponsored Links