Just 5 sleeps to go!

Submitted: Monday, Oct 01, 2012 at 21:27
ThreadID: 98352 Views:2120 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Almost ready for my first solo trip - a relatively familiar but favourite route.

My car is packed and locked up in the shed until Sat. Best of all, I have found a way to get the extra spare onto the roof that I can manage all by myself (and a rope).

Everything packed in pretty well, below window level with only the wheel, gas bottle and spare tent on the roof rack (will mainly use the swag). Just perishables, clothes, books and collection of various cables (and the things they attach to) to go. I can already tell I have packed way too much food....

It's only 2 weeks, but it's my first in over 2 years - I wonder what I will forget to pack?
Wish me luck.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: the_fitzroys - Monday, Oct 01, 2012 at 22:07

Monday, Oct 01, 2012 at 22:07
All the best, Vicki!! I hope you have a wonderful time. Sounds like you are super-well prepared. And you can never have too much food :-) Let us know how the trip goes.
Louise
AnswerID: 496022

Reply By: Member - eighty matey - Monday, Oct 01, 2012 at 22:12

Monday, Oct 01, 2012 at 22:12
Have a great trip.

Travel safe,
Steve
AnswerID: 496023

Reply By: Member - Judy and Laurie - Tuesday, Oct 02, 2012 at 07:37

Tuesday, Oct 02, 2012 at 07:37
Have a fantastic trip , enjoy our wonderful country and people , travel safe
regards Judy and Laurie
AnswerID: 496037

Reply By: ExplorOz - Tuesday, Oct 02, 2012 at 11:39

Tuesday, Oct 02, 2012 at 11:39
Good for you Vicki!
If you feel a bit lonely, hop on your iphone (or whatever), and send a blog, or even a photo using the blogs@exploroz.com address, or places@exploroz.com address to send the data. I'm sure someone will always be online and interested and leave you a comment. The phones with built-in GPS are great for the Place updates, as this will also tag the pic into your profile (in MyMap) so is a nice log/reminder of the special spots, or even daily spots you find. Even if you're in a remote area with no service, your phone will store the send until you get service and it will send automatically.

If doing a photo update - send to Places, but the name of the Place in the subject line of your email, the photo as an attachment, and any info in your email (including your signature) will be published to the site so delete out anything from your email you don't want to appear, or write a whole story!

Regards, Michelle

ExplorOz

Business Member
My Profile  My Blog

AnswerID: 496046

Reply By: Member - Old Girl - Tuesday, Oct 02, 2012 at 17:31

Tuesday, Oct 02, 2012 at 17:31
Phone charger, i dont go anywhere anymore without a spare car charger.
Have a fantastic time.
AnswerID: 496059

Sponsored Links