Optus Finally comes to the party

Submitted: Monday, Jan 19, 2004 at 00:29
ThreadID: 9846 Views:1343 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,
Just wanted you all to know that I have been with Optus for over 4 years now running cable. I have been on the 3 Gig plan since day 1.

I just recieved a letter from Optus stating that from the first of March this year, They are changing their plan limits for the better.

As i said earlier, I have been on a 3 Gig Limit per month, well from March on this will be lifted to 12 Gig per month for NO extra cost.

The best thing about Optus has been the reliable service they have supplied. AND even if you did go past your monthly limit, they would just drop you down to a slower speed until the new month came around...so NO extra charges like most others do.

I just wanted you all to knowabout this as , like me I'd assume most of you download heaps, I myself usually use up 3 Gig within 2 -3 weeks. So some of you running modems might want to consider changing over....it does work out cheaper for most in the long run.

Just sharing the news with my fellow 4b's

Regards Angelo
I love it when you talk DIRTY !
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: BurnieM - Monday, Jan 19, 2004 at 07:51

Monday, Jan 19, 2004 at 07:51
This is the same Optus that used to give us 'unlimited' and said they would not put limits on us, then Telstra went to 3GB per month, then a few months later Optus went to 3GB ?

Aren't we simply back where we started (having been stuffed around in the process) ?

Yes, the Optus Cable service is good.
The customer service and management attitude needs some work tho.
AnswerID: 43476

Follow Up By: cokeaddict - Monday, Jan 19, 2004 at 10:21

Monday, Jan 19, 2004 at 10:21
Hey Burnie,

Yep Thats them bro.

For the months of December 2003...Jan 2004...& Feb 2004...... They have given us members a "double whammy" for no extra cost as a thank u for hanging in there.

I am happy with that mate, And yoe u r correct, they all fall short in some areas, but crikey...is anyone as bad as Telsta?

Anyway, as i said, i just wanted to let you all know...cheers.I love it when you talk DIRTY !
FollowupID: 305770

Reply By: howesy - Monday, Jan 19, 2004 at 17:17

Monday, Jan 19, 2004 at 17:17
Maybe they have to become competitive now as ADSL starts to lift their act. There is a couple out there giving 1500kbs connection with 10gb download for around $75 a month.
Not as fast as cable but seems awful attractive to a lot of people and incidently I took that exact plan.
AnswerID: 43534

Reply By: Flash - Tuesday, Jan 20, 2004 at 10:29

Tuesday, Jan 20, 2004 at 10:29
Angelo,
You should see what people are paying for broadband in the USofA. It'd make you cry! (less than half what we pay!)
AnswerID: 43639

Sponsored Links