Creative tanami family van offroad

Submitted: Saturday, Oct 13, 2012 at 13:25
ThreadID: 98520 Views:6045 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
We have almost decided on a van. The creative tanami offroad family van seems to have everything we need. I have only managed to find a couple of reviews online so thought I would try my luck here one last time. Does anybody have one of these van? If so please tell all. Thanks :)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - kym111 - Saturday, Oct 13, 2012 at 17:33

Saturday, Oct 13, 2012 at 17:33
Hi Rebecca
I can't help you with a Creative Tanami, as we just took delivery of a Sunland Longreach. Just bear in mind that you get what you pay for!

Have you looked at any of the other caravan forums to see what is being said of the Creative brand? They're usually a pretty good indication for quality, and back-up service (always necessary).

Also, read the fine print of their warranty, or if they have any disclaimers on their website and/or paperwork regarding taking it off-road. Everyone's interpretation of off-road is different. We decided on the Sunland Longreach as they guaranteed to cover us for any manufacturing faults/defects for any road in Australia regardless of condition, for 3 years. Naturally this doesn't cover mis-use (ie our mangled step when I ran over a low garden wall, or broken hatch vent as we forgot to close it before taking off). Also clarify what is covered, and what isn't in regards to interpretation of manufacturing faults and mis-use etc.

We're still working through a couple of minor teething problems after our first dirt-road trip, but have had excellent support from the Sunland team, from the time we made initial enquiries, to now organising the first service and fixing of said minor teething problems.

We ended up going over-budget by $15,000 or so, but have decided that it was worth it, for what we want to do and where we want to go!

In saying that, I found this link to a Creative Tanami for sale in Tassie, not sure if it's one you've already looked at or not!
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sorell/caravan/creative-caravan-tanami-off-roader-family-van/1005998794

Good luck with your purchase, may we see you on the road at some point! :-)
Kym

AnswerID: 496616

Follow Up By: Rebecca H - Tuesday, Oct 16, 2012 at 07:05

Tuesday, Oct 16, 2012 at 07:05
Thanks Kym. We have had a look at that van. I think I have spoken to sun land actually. I'm getting so lost in it all now I can't remember. I wish I took better notes. Thanks for the tip on the warranty I will certainly look into that.
Safe travels. Hopefully we will see you along the way! Do you do a blog or anything as you go?
FollowupID: 772470

Reply By: Member - Terry. G (TAS) - Saturday, Oct 13, 2012 at 23:39

Saturday, Oct 13, 2012 at 23:39
Rebecca H
We had a 2008 19.6 Creative Tanami (not an of roader though) and took it from tassie and went to west Aust with it for six months and never had a problem with it in fact just two months ago we traded it in and brought a New Creative Grant Tourer You will not find much about them in magazines ect believe they work from word of mouth more than any thing.Had a couple of teething problems and was told that they would stand by their product when I ran their office
Terry
AnswerID: 496635

Follow Up By: Rebecca H - Tuesday, Oct 16, 2012 at 07:08

Tuesday, Oct 16, 2012 at 07:08
Thanks Terry that's good to know. I have looked at so many magazines and websites etc and have only managed to find four reviews on creative vans and none I them are the type we are looking at. The outside of the van seems very well built but the inside finishes leave a lot to be desired.
FollowupID: 772471

Reply By: Member - kym111 - Tuesday, Oct 16, 2012 at 21:26

Tuesday, Oct 16, 2012 at 21:26
Rebecca, I couldn't find much on them either, which in a way is good. If they were terrible, you'd know about it!

At the end of the day you need to have a list of essential inclusions - what you won't compromise on (for us it was the suspension, weight of the caravan vs what our vehicle is capable of towing, warranty, being able to custom design and the back up service), and find the van to fit.

We had our minds made up on a Crusader, ironically, then at the last minute went for Sunland.

You're doing the right thing by asking on the forums, and doing your research. It's a lot of $$$ at stake.

AnswerID: 496817

Reply By: Creative Caravans - Thursday, Oct 18, 2012 at 11:47

Thursday, Oct 18, 2012 at 11:47
Hi Rebecca,
My name is Kylie, I am the Drafts person for Creative Caravans.
If you have any question about the product you could go to our website http://creativecaravans4u.com.au/ also we have a Facebook page as well.
What's Up Down Under Magazine is currently testing our 21'6 Internal Family Van with separate shower and toilet 5 berth Tanami Off Road. This will be in the December 2012 edition of the magazine.
Currently we have a write up in the On The Road Magazine On pages 30 & 31 Also om pages 78, 79 & 80.
If you still have any question after all that you are quite welcome to give myself a call on 03 9357 0692.
Kind Regards,
Kylie Mamalos
AnswerID: 496904

Follow Up By: Rebecca H - Saturday, Oct 20, 2012 at 07:50

Saturday, Oct 20, 2012 at 07:50
Thanks I look forward to reading these!
FollowupID: 772746

Sponsored Links