Cav Filter Deal

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 20, 2004 at 14:41
ThreadID: 9892 Views:1727 Replies:6 FollowUps:9
This Thread has been Archived
Denco Diesel in NSW have a deal on these things at the moment $101.

Just email us requesting the 'Overlander Special' and you will receive free delivery and a free filter with each Denco Filter Adaptor purchased.

Adaptors are 95 mm in diameter and 160mm in length from original filter...

http://www.dencodiesel.com/price.html

[ View Image]
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: William - Tuesday, Jan 20, 2004 at 17:57

Tuesday, Jan 20, 2004 at 17:57
Are they that desperate to move their garbage they get you to spam
How much commission you are on here for spamming?
You loose all the features of the original filter and in most cases the factory Japanese filters have finer filtering.
If your vehicle is under warranty do not expect to get a warranty claim on these garbage units.
AnswerID: 43706

Follow Up By: Member - Karl - Tuesday, Jan 20, 2004 at 21:09

Tuesday, Jan 20, 2004 at 21:09
Mate, I think you have a problem, both with this post and the other one. Offer an informed opinion without the garbage or keep off our forum.

The units are good and work well.Everyone is entitled to have an opinion - just make sure that yours is correct.
FollowupID: 305954

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Tuesday, Jan 20, 2004 at 21:24

Tuesday, Jan 20, 2004 at 21:24
Geez William, someone steal your rattle?If you hold your heart and focus,
you will end up holding your dream
FollowupID: 305958

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Jan 20, 2004 at 21:30

Tuesday, Jan 20, 2004 at 21:30
You loose all the features of the original filter and in most cases the factory Japanese filters have finer filtering.
If your vehicle is under warranty do not expect to get a warranty claim on these garbage units.

PS.. your wrong on both occasions.. Love proving a moron wrong.
FollowupID: 305963

Follow Up By: Hilly - Wednesday, Jan 21, 2004 at 15:57

Wednesday, Jan 21, 2004 at 15:57
While not having an opinion on the capability of this filter, my Nissan dealer's response to a question about warranty was along the lines of 'using parts other than genuine could lead to new car warranty hassles'. I'm assumiing that they would have to demonstrate that that part contributed to the failure in question. Would the Denco mob be willing to contribute to your legal fund? I doubt it.

I'll use original till after the new car warranty expires I think.

Cheers,

Hilly
FollowupID: 306057

Reply By: Michelle from ExplorOz - Tuesday, Jan 20, 2004 at 22:45

Tuesday, Jan 20, 2004 at 22:45
I have done some moderation to remove the rubbish that was posted into these threads - Sorry if I deleted so,eting you believed should not have been removed however once we remove a part some of the other parts do not make sense. Please keep it clean and decent (all parties that is)

This extract was posted in the duplicate post from Truckster:

Member - Peter replied to the question

FYI the CAV filter elements filter to a smaller particle size than the factory elements, are freely available virtually anywhere especially in the bush. They are much cheaper than factory elements as well.
If you wish to filter to less than the blue elements get some green CAV elements they filter down to around 2.5 microns.

BTW: It is David and not Michelle using this computer and profile.ExplorOz
AnswerID: 43746

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Jan 20, 2004 at 22:57

Tuesday, Jan 20, 2004 at 22:57
Thanks Dave, you may wish to check dozen or so other threads..
FollowupID: 305989

Reply By: Member - Bob L - Wednesday, Jan 21, 2004 at 21:40

Wednesday, Jan 21, 2004 at 21:40
There are none so blind as those that cannot see.

There is nothing wrong with the quality of CAV filters and the adapter is well made.
If I get a tank of filthy watered down fuel (heaven forbid) I can rely on the fact Ive got spare filters under the drivers seat which only cost $7.00 rather than the $50? Nissan charged to replace the original which failed 10,000km early.
Ok you loose the water indicator but you get a nice big glass bowl to view in its place.
If I had my way I would use both in series but have been told the pump will not pull fuel through 2 filters.

Installed CAV filter at 40k and changed filter at 50k just for the hell of it .
Pulled it apart to see what was happening. Motors never been better.

When I did have fuel pump problems (with original filter) guess who Nissan got to fix the problem - Denco Diesel here in Wagga Wagga.

I consider this to be a suitable topic for discussion without people getting their knickers all crossed up. Besides when they really have something to say I'll be less inclined to take their comments seriously.

Bob L.

AnswerID: 43858

Reply By: Richard Kovac - Thursday, Jan 22, 2004 at 01:55

Thursday, Jan 22, 2004 at 01:55
ha Truckster
how about gettig of every bobys case and stop with the smartass remarks and name calling, how old are you, have you got your parant's permission to be on this forum,
you are not the only person wight out there.
Give all there due's
Please call 0408925606
Richard Kovac

AnswerID: 43909

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, Jan 22, 2004 at 21:56

Thursday, Jan 22, 2004 at 21:56
ha dicky...

How about I get off peoples case? If you dont like it -->> theres the door, dont let it hit you on the arse on the way out.

How old am I? 37...

Before you try and act smart, think first, cause you aint and it doesnt suit you to try...

bye.
pls call 000
FollowupID: 306268

Reply By: Richard Kovac - Friday, Jan 23, 2004 at 17:11

Friday, Jan 23, 2004 at 17:11
HA BUSTER
SOME QUOTES "??????????????????????"
Why would TRUCKSTER take a wife when he is only a wanker with copy of Playboy ?
For the record you clowns (in particular TRUCKSTER) they wre riding quad bikes and he slipped into the river....
Oh, and BTW TRUCKSTER- you are absolutely full of it- full to overflowing. Why for once can't you limit your comments to a subject on which you have some knowledge?
Grow up TRUCKSTERs and learn to shut up and listen
TRUCKSTER... I tell you this.. your copying-and-pasteing from forum to forum indicates you are a wealth of useful information.... your sad personal attacks against those who disagree with you are a rather solid indicator of your inflated view of your own importance.......
TRUCKSTER,
Pull ya head in for once- for once in ya life. You really are pathetic.
You should really take the time TRUCKSTER to get off your soapbox and join us back in the real world.
TRUCKSTER after reading all your replies, i have to agree that you are one of the few pathetic people in the world who cant take the blinkers off.....oh and you have a serious issue with sizes (maybe lack of hey???). You are selfish (saying that you never speed or do anything dangerous with ure kids or grandkids in the car?) well what about my kids. when you do speed and ure kids arent in the car, and you will eventually stuff up, is it fair to say that if you hit my car, with my kids i can take everything precious to you away???
Quote from TRUCKSTER “Even if there were 10 on earth(which there wouldnt), against 10,000's aint compareable is it?”. What if 10000 people say TRUCKSTER is a narrow-minded ego tripper and 10 people say he’s not. A tiny percentage of our population choose to climb Everest and 10% of them die, is that brave or stupid?

Quote from TRUCKSTER “"Irwin, who had his own python at age six and was wrestling crocodiles when he was nine"
HORSE CRAP.. Who do these people think believe this tripe?”"

Who would you believe? TRUCKSTER, or The Age.

What does TRUCKSTER and steves baby have in common ????

There heads werent supported at a young age

Whats the difference between TRUCKSTER and steves baby????

Steves baby is actaully going to have an education before speaking and people will listen to Steves babies words and not consider him an winger
TRUCKSTER, as usual, has very strong opinions I note.
Truckster (Vic) posted this followup

PS.. your wrong on both occasions.. Love proving a moron wrong.
Truckster (Vic) posted this followup

ha dicky...

How about I get off peoples case? If you dont like it -->> theres the door, dont let it hit you on the arse on the way out.

How old am I? 37...

Before you try and act smart, think first, cause you aint and it doesnt suit you to try...

bye.
pls call 000

ALL I READ IS CRAP FROM YOU (SORRY SOME IS OK).BUT HERE'S SOME QUOTES OF THE FORUM, SEEMS I,M NOT THE OLY PERSON TO THINK THIS WAY
AS FOR LEAVING I AM A MEMBER OF THIS WEB SITE (CAN'T FINED YOUR NAME ON THE LIST) WHICH COST MONEY OR IS GIVEN TO YOU IF YOU SPEND SOME MONEY AT THE SITE.
AS FOR BEING SMART THAT WAS A SERIOUS QUESTION I WAS CONCERNED

REGARD'S

RICHARD KOVAC

PS. WILL BE OVER IN MY HOMELAND THIS MAY NOT FAR FROM WERE NED WAS BORN, WE SHOULD CATCH UP
AnswerID: 44126

Follow Up By: Mad Dog Morgan (Vic) - Friday, Jan 23, 2004 at 18:04

Friday, Jan 23, 2004 at 18:04
>>>PS. WILL BE OVER IN MY HOMELAND THIS MAY NOT FAR FROM WERE NED WAS BORN, WE SHOULD CATCH UP

I knew it, I knew it. You two are really old mates aren't you...haha what an act...you guys crack me up
I may be mad but I'm not crazy
BEAM ME UP SCOTTY

Hooroo
Ray
FollowupID: 306360

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Jan 23, 2004 at 23:09

Friday, Jan 23, 2004 at 23:09
School holidays Ray, just ignore it it will dribble away ...

Whats wrong Dicky, someone getting more attention than you??

take 300 valium with 2 bottles of Vodka, call me in the morning..
FollowupID: 306402

Reply By: Richard Kovac - Saturday, Jan 24, 2004 at 13:47

Saturday, Jan 24, 2004 at 13:47
Ha sister
I Like your pet name
a bit gay / childish
or maybe it's a handle
you need to take your hand of your handle

your friend Dicky
AnswerID: 44201

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Saturday, Jan 24, 2004 at 21:54

Saturday, Jan 24, 2004 at 21:54
Please dont for one minute consider me to be your friend... me and mate just having another laugh at your last rant, ran out of fuel? LMAO

Fool.
FollowupID: 306463

Sponsored Links