A nice 4 days

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 03, 2013 at 22:38
ThreadID: 99775 Views:1968 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Gday
Last Thursday George M , Lil Wes (the longest serving non member) and I went for a pleasant drive. I left home at about 9 am and headed for Bright where we met for a late lunch,another story, then headed for Mt Blue Rag. Stopping a few times for manly things , like taking a photo of a black snake , we ended up on Mt Blue Rag at about 4 pm with about 10 others, but most left before dark. What a view, 360 deg and a few clouds. We dined and headed to bed at about 9.30 pm. Lil Wes sleeping on the edge of the hill worried me a bit , but he was still there next morning. Friday morning was all fog , couldn't see anything .
We left Mt Blue Rag and headed to Dargo for breakfast. After breccy we headed for Talbotville where we met with Robin Miller Mrs Miller and friends. We spent a nice afternoon in the creek .
Saturday saw us heading to Wannangatta for a look as George had not been there before. Nice and warm in the valley as we headed for the Zeeka track which has had a dozer repair not to long back. The track is the same as it was 10 years ago, nice and twisty and not to forget steep.The climb out of the valley is over a kilometre altitude. We slept at camp 8 , just north of Licola Saturday night.
George , Wes and I went to the backery in Heyfield for breakfast on Sunday morning and then headed home.
Thanks fellas for a very pleasant four days.
Muzbry
Great place to be Mt Blue Rag 27/12/2012

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Howard (ACT) - Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 08:56

Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 08:56
Hi Muzbry,
we were also camped at talbotville on friday night We had morning tea wth Robin and Anne on Saturday morning and they mentioned your group had left and we remembered seeing your vehiclesgo past.We also traveled into Wonganatta saturday but camped in the valley exiting on sunday via Zeka spur to go across to to join some friends at Upper Jamison hut for the new year.
sorry we didnt get to say goodday.
regards
Howard

Resigned to Retirement

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 501606

Follow Up By: Shaker - Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 09:43

Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 09:43
I was at Crooked River between Christmas & New Year, heard that Talbotville was packed like a Sudanese refugee camp!

FollowupID: 777786

Follow Up By: Member - MUZBRY(Vic) - Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 11:48

Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 11:48
Gday Howard
We have passed like ships in the night, but ours was 4x4s in the day.
What i want to know is, did i wave to you as we passed?
Next time Howard we will have to stop and have a chat...

Muzbry

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 777813

Follow Up By: Member - Howard (ACT) - Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 16:08

Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 16:08
Muzbry,
I dont think you waved because we were still in camp about half a km down the river having late breakfast and packing up and at the time didnt know it was your group but remember the vehicles going past. (only found out it was you after talking to Millers) .
cheers
howard
Resigned to Retirement

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 777850

Reply By: George_M - Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 11:23

Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 11:23
Thanks Muz - a fine time had by all.

George_M

Come any closer and I'll rip your throat out!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 501626

Reply By: Robin Miller - Saturday, Jan 05, 2013 at 11:34

Saturday, Jan 05, 2013 at 11:34
Lovely picture from on top of the world Muz.

We are now back for a few days and it was good to see you and everyone else.

The bush seemed to be perfect over those few days and seemed to be less crowded than usua,l it was one of few times between Xmas and New Year that we didn't have noisy neighbours and water was perfect to swim in as well.

Even all the cars from our sites drove home under there own steam - what more could one ask for !

Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 501716

Follow Up By: Member - MUZBRY(Vic) - Saturday, Jan 05, 2013 at 17:06

Saturday, Jan 05, 2013 at 17:06
Gday Robin
Thanks to you as well, it was nice to see you and Anne again.

Muzbry

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 777967

Sponsored Links