Suburban gas/240v hot water system for caravan.

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 03, 2013 at 22:53
ThreadID: 99776 Views:2785 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi after some info on my hot water system in my caravan. When on gas it lights but once ignited it keeps on clicking as if it hasn't lit but it has. This causes the flame to cut out and repeats the process.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: nowimnumberone - Thursday, Jan 03, 2013 at 22:59

Thursday, Jan 03, 2013 at 22:59
im not sure of what heater is on our jayco
im pretty sure its suburban after complaining to jayco about heater not working all the time they changed the cover and flue to a new updated model no charge to us
now we dont have an issue
cheers
AnswerID: 501584

Reply By: Notso - Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 09:45

Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 09:45
It sounds like the flame detection system is not working.

This detects the heat from the flame and lets the system know it's burning. Otherwise the fail safe system shuts it down so you don't have gas building up.
AnswerID: 501612

Reply By: MEMBER - Darian, SA - Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 10:13

Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 10:13
Its an automated system of course, using electronic 'gizmos and thingamies' (I'm a technical professional :-o). Mine does that clicking thing too at times - trying to run but not happy. Being an offroad van, mine usually plays up when it is dusty in that area - I blow the whole unit out with an air line and make sure the gizmos are all relatively clean and its always happy. If yours is a few years old (mine is 3) it may have corrosion on some electrical connections or maybe a component failure - if the gas supply is all good and the connections are all clean, you'll probably need a technician to fault find, then replace a part; hopefully the 'technician' can do better than just replace bits until it eventually goes (but that is the modern way).
AnswerID: 501613

Reply By: Mick1234 - Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 16:55

Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 16:55
Thanks everyone will try the blow out option then will have a play around if that doesn't work. Yes Mine is about 3 years old as well. Thanks again everyone for your help. Will let you know how I go. Mick
AnswerID: 501656

Sponsored Links