Triton fuel calulator

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 05, 2013 at 15:37
ThreadID: 99810 Views:2260 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all

Hope everyone had a good xmas ..I have fitted a long range fuel tank to my 2006 Triton twin cab.The trip calulater that is fitted standard in the dash is now not correct ..Is it possible to re-calibrate it or is there a better one on the market i could get fiitted.

John
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ross M - Saturday, Jan 05, 2013 at 16:25

Saturday, Jan 05, 2013 at 16:25
jcm68
Your OE system will still think it has the same size tank and will work out all it's calcs on that. If you use it as you have previously with the same km and litres/100 in mind you should get a fairly workable idea of what to expect. Usually less in relative terms because it is heavier etc.Then knowing your usage you will know how much fuel you still have and decide your fuel range.
It may be possible for Mitsubishi to recalibrate the tank size in the trip computer section but don't hold your breath.

If you buy a Scangauge it will work out and display many things which the engine systems control and scans in the background.
The Scangauge also has a comprehensive setup for different engine sizes and TANK VOLUMES and will then act as an additional on dash display so you can keep track of such things. Has trip computer etc etc etc.
The Scangauge will also enable you to see engine fault codes and reset fault codes and engine check lights if and when they appear. This allows some diagnosis so you can work out what is wrong without going to an expensive repair shop when it might be just a simple fault.
AnswerID: 501747

Reply By: Member - Kevin S (QLD) - Saturday, Jan 05, 2013 at 18:31

Saturday, Jan 05, 2013 at 18:31
Hi John. Does your fuel gage work accurately? This interests me as I believe my 2006 PA Challenger has much in common with the Triton. Are you prepared to name the supplier of the long range tank? And what is it's capacity.
Thanks,
Kevin
Kevin
It is important to always maintain a sense of proportion

2019 Mitsubishi Cross

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 501763

Reply By: Member - Allan K (NT) - Sunday, Jan 06, 2013 at 09:53

Sunday, Jan 06, 2013 at 09:53
Hi John,
You may find some additional info on this subject on the NewTriton website.
Cheers, AllanK
AnswerID: 501808

Reply By: olcoolone - Sunday, Jan 06, 2013 at 11:40

Sunday, Jan 06, 2013 at 11:40
Your trip display will not be accurate, the trip display works of a set calculated map, this map can not be adjusted as it thinks it still has a small tank.
AnswerID: 501830

Sponsored Links