Scorpion trailers. Has anyone dealt with this company,and are the trai

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 08, 2013 at 15:29
ThreadID: 99870 Views:2239 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
G'day all

I am looking at buying a galvanised traddies trailer and came across Scorpion trailers.

The photos on their site look really good, but are they a good trailer?

Can anyone give me some info on what they are like.

The trailers are all new including tyres and wheels.

The DA wants to carry more stuff than I can fit in the car. Well maybe some of it will be mine. LOL

Any help would be appreciated.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushranger1 - Tuesday, Jan 08, 2013 at 16:25

Tuesday, Jan 08, 2013 at 16:25
G'day Boo Boo,

Can't help with Scorpion trailers but I bought a made to order one from Pakenham trailers. It's built like a tank & even though its not classed off road I take it anyway & it just keeps on going. Use it for taking rocks & building materials out into the Wimmera & it really stands up well.

A few of my mates have seen it & they have also purchased this brand. My mates brother bought one for his trade about 6 yrs ago & he is really happy with it. They fold the checker plate base & sides in one piece so there are no joins to rust out. Got the extended height sides in mine too which gives a bit of extra depth. Also if you need to push it around in sand get a pneumatic jockey wheel.

Whichever one you get pay the extra & get a good paint or plating job so it lasts without corrosion.

Cheers
Stu
AnswerID: 502015

Follow Up By: Member - Boo Boo (NSW) - Tuesday, Jan 08, 2013 at 21:12

Tuesday, Jan 08, 2013 at 21:12
G'day Stu

Your trailer sounds like a good one.

Likewise I think these make the grade as well.

I've had a good look at these trailers and found a review that gave it 5/5.

They have a gal trailer and an aluminium top.

The sides and base appear to have a very nice welded joint to keep it water tight, and unlike other trailers I have seen on the net they don't use second hand bits.

I only need it to carry about 120 kg of bulky stuff and the occassional large slab of hard wood I pick up in our travels, (I make furniture as a hobby). So, I don't need a really HD one. The aluminium will also keep the weight down a little.

Thanks for your input.

FollowupID: 778411

Sponsored Links