Interesting news for campers

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 12, 2013 at 11:45
ThreadID: 99946 Views:2436 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Todays SMH has articles about the sale of the Pink Roadhouse by Mrs Plate with the help of her twin sister. My what colourful dresses they're wearing. And a video about coping with the extreme heat. Then there's the upgrade to facilities at Uluru and a plea to visit but not climb. Lastly the NSW Nat Parks phone booking system and the crowding this holiday season on the mid north coast at Arakoon.... W
Link to SMH here.Herald link
Warrie

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Witi Repartee - Saturday, Jan 12, 2013 at 13:08

Saturday, Jan 12, 2013 at 13:08
Thanks for the link. Bought back memories from a couple of years ago. The Pink road house isn't flash, but it was a great sight to see after a few days on the track!
AnswerID: 502352

Reply By: Member - Jack - Saturday, Jan 12, 2013 at 16:22

Saturday, Jan 12, 2013 at 16:22
I don't get the SMH so cannot read the article. Has someone bought the Pink Roadhouse from Mrs Plate? If so she should be very relieved.

I spent one terrible night there in the Caravan Park, and the performances by the 'locals' with drunkeness, late night and early morning domestic rows, and wandering around the street using foul language and bashing on the tin fence surrounding the Caravan Park cured me of ever wanting to return. Whoever thought putting a pub there was a good idea needs hanging.

I told one fellow camper that if North Korea ever need a target for their long range missiles I will send them the coordinates of the place.

But well done to the Plates for their efforts and significant contribution to what is a tough area. They deserve a nice comfortable few years.

Jack
The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll-Alice In Wonderland)

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 502368

Follow Up By: MEMBER - Darian, SA - Saturday, Jan 12, 2013 at 19:12

Saturday, Jan 12, 2013 at 19:12
You can read the article on the SMH website, here.... they don't have a paywall (yet). Aspects of the story are a bit odd, in that the roadhouse has been for sale for a couple of years and it doesn't actually say that it has been sold (unless I missed it). According to an ABC radio item I heard the other day, Lynnie's daughter Alice has been helping to run the place full time, since Adam died (no mention of her in this story - Alice was an ABC journo / rural reporter).
FollowupID: 778807

Reply By: Candace S. - Sunday, Jan 13, 2013 at 02:42

Sunday, Jan 13, 2013 at 02:42
I read the SMH article. It clearly states that Lynnie is leaving (but doesn't say exactly when). However, there's no indication the place was sold or even has a potential buyer.

So what happens if her departure date comes and noone has bought the place? Will it close?

More questions than answers here, guess I'll do some internet research and try to learn more (unless someone here can clarify the situation).
AnswerID: 502403

Sponsored Links