Upgrading Suspension

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 24, 2004 at 20:34
ThreadID: 9996 Views:1517 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G'day, I'm looking at upgrading the suspension on my standard '83 swb pajero, but don't really have much idea of what i need to replace.i'm looking for a reasonable lift but nothing too extreme, maybe 2-3"?? I obviously know that i will need new shocks and springs but not sure of much else. I've done fair a bit of off road, but don't know much about the mechanics. Does anyone have any recommendations or information and any rough idea of how much a lift would cost for this vehicle??I'm on a bit of a budget as well.What is a rough price for a dual battery set up to run a 32l waeco fridge and an electric winch??
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Dean Mc - Saturday, Jan 24, 2004 at 21:45

Saturday, Jan 24, 2004 at 21:45
Don't know much specific to your vehicle, but I would think that a good set of new springs and shocks would be all there is to do for a two inch lift. Should be pretty straight forward, with most aftermarket guys having something available for you.

As far as your dual batt system, I did mine myself recently, buying the components from various places and saved a packet on a drive, drive out scenario.
Good deep cycle = @$120, Redarc isolator = @ $120, cradle = @ $100, hella plug and cables etc = @ $60.00. Took about an hour to do the whole lot.
ARB quote was about 850ish, so about double!

Good luck with it, and don't be afraid to try to do this stuff yourself, including your suspension install labour.
AnswerID: 44238

Reply By: Willem - Saturday, Jan 24, 2004 at 22:23

Saturday, Jan 24, 2004 at 22:23
Dual battery set-up...Battery $130(Desert King 17 plater).....cradle $0(used scrap metal)....Rotronics Battery Isolator $250....wiring $10...did it myself...works well.
Depends how handy you are... Around $400...depends on the battery you are buying. I used the Desert King for my main battery and stuck my 4 year old Century/Yuasa Overlander 17 plater in as the auxilliary(it is now 5 yo and still going strong).

Luckily my bog standard G60 doesn't require a lift...it is high enough off the ground.

Cheers,
Willem

Always going somewhere
AnswerID: 44243

Sponsored Links