Snowy River Drive Iconic 4WD Adventure

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone that has recently done the Snowy River Drive Iconic 4WD Adventure as listed by FWDV can advise whether this drive is suitable while towing a 1.3 tonne off road camper trailer. It is rated as "3 Difficult". You can view the trip notes at http://www.fwdvictoria.org.au/iconic4wd/snowyriver.html.

The drive includes Tulloch Ard Road, McKillops Bridge Road (side trip along Little River Track), a small section of the Deddick Trail from McKillops Bridge to Bowen Trail (not the full length of the Deddick Trail), Bowen Trail, Warm Corners Track, Warbisco Track, Bowen Link, Waratah Flat Road and Yalmy Road back to Orbost.

Any comments on road conditions would be appreciated.
ValueRider
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Frank P (NSW) - Saturday, Jan 19, 2013 at 12:38

Saturday, Jan 19, 2013 at 12:38
Tulloch Ard Rd is easily done with a camper. We did it easily with a Prado towing a Kimberley Karavan (2.2 tonne) in early November last year. Road condition was excellent.

Though our Karavan is only as wide as the car and is fully off-road, we didn't didn't push our luck going down to McKillops - the road past Little River Falls is very narrow, single vehicle only with very few passing opportunities. I did not fancy backing up with the van for long distances with no room for error.

It might be worth a recce without the trailer to help you make your own decision.

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 502957

Reply By: Member - OnYaBike - Saturday, Jan 19, 2013 at 21:58

Saturday, Jan 19, 2013 at 21:58
BTW, the link will work if you remove the full stop from the end when it is in the browser address bar.
AnswerID: 502985

Sponsored Links