After better fuel range for you when you travel ....

Submitted: Friday, Feb 08, 2013 at 22:49
ThreadID: 100457 Views:3103 Replies:2 FollowUps:12
This Thread has been Archived
We all strive to get better range from our fuel tanks, below is the answer, looks like it has straps so it can be used as a back-pack .................
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ross M - Friday, Feb 08, 2013 at 23:39

Friday, Feb 08, 2013 at 23:39
Looks like a moonshine device purposely built to evade regs at remote communities.
AnswerID: 504348

Reply By: Wilko (Parkes NSW) - Saturday, Feb 09, 2013 at 11:18

Saturday, Feb 09, 2013 at 11:18
That looks alright Joe, Just the thing to avoid fines going into remote communities. Where can i get one.

Cheers Wilko
AnswerID: 504371

Follow Up By: Member - Joe n Mel n kids (FNQ - Saturday, Feb 09, 2013 at 11:40

Saturday, Feb 09, 2013 at 11:40
hahah i live where i live and put this up, now i look rather silly eh
It was a pic e-mailed to me so no stress in that one, we have seen some doozies in the years we have been doing this kind of work, filling the window washers with wine, casks in spare tyres, in door sills, in air cleaners even on Groote Island they would wrap dirty ( bleep ty) nappys around spirit bottles so the cops would not touch them, THAT is gross .....
Because there is an election looming you will find the politics of the alcohol restrictions will raise it's ugly head again, it is sad and pathetic but it also might just be a good chance to get some meaningful discussion going on how it affects travellers, we have lived in the thick of it for many years now and we know it does NOT work, it has to change but how is up to us ......
FollowupID: 781171

Follow Up By: Ross M - Saturday, Feb 09, 2013 at 13:38

Saturday, Feb 09, 2013 at 13:38
"Change is up to us" probably not with a dedicated backpack though.
FollowupID: 781179

Follow Up By: Wilko (Parkes NSW) - Saturday, Feb 09, 2013 at 14:01

Saturday, Feb 09, 2013 at 14:01
I think the change Joe was talking about was to get rid of the alceehol bans that havent worked and made his life nightmarish. We all wont to see the Koori's improve their way of life but why should Joe have to suffer because of it.

I think its impacted on most of us whilst traveling or working in these areas and its done sweet FA to improve the quality of the life's it was trying to target.

I reckon that alceehol bans still be in effect in the communities but travelers are allowed alceehol in an amount for personnel use. If anyone is caught selling to the people who cant have it, lock em away for a very very long time (60 years plus) see how many do it then : )

Cheers Wilko
FollowupID: 781185

Follow Up By: Member - J&R - Saturday, Feb 09, 2013 at 20:17

Saturday, Feb 09, 2013 at 20:17
Well said Wilko. NOT
Having worked, lived and travelled regions where alcohol was not regulated and yes, even some areas it was regulated, I've seen the desperation and destruction alcohol causes.

'We all wont to see the Koori's improve their way of life but why should Joe have to suffer because of it.' Pathetic and condescending.

So it may not always work. Most often times it does.

So your 'sweet FA' must come from considerable first hand knowledge of the issue.

Please enlighten us.
FollowupID: 781229

Follow Up By: Wilko (Parkes NSW) - Saturday, Feb 09, 2013 at 21:39

Saturday, Feb 09, 2013 at 21:39
J & R

Dont come into a battle of wits if your only halfway prepared.

Ive worked and lived a fair chuck of my live in areas where regulation of drinking has occurred.

The ones that cant handle it usually leave only to cause the trouble in town (similar to the issues that have occurred in the Alice in recent years) and our smuggle it back into their communities.

So no it hasn't worked and has caused a lot of probs to the people who can handle their drinking. I know this cause my niece is married to a Koori and they live in a regulated community, Not everyone in these communities want the restrictions.

I believe in treating everyone equally and making people responsible for their actions, Thats all, making people responsible and accountable, then we are truly equal.

Cheers Wilko

FollowupID: 781237

Follow Up By: Member - Arsenal Phill - Sunday, Feb 10, 2013 at 03:03

Sunday, Feb 10, 2013 at 03:03
Prohibition didn't work in America, and it doesn't work here......
I agree with J&R, people should be responsible for their own actions. I think that criteria should carry over to other things we hold dear and the sins of a few not held against the many. We are in danger of losing a lot of our freedoms and privilages as campers and 4WD'ers, because the powers that be, want to penalise us all for the indescretions of a tiny minority. AND that just ain't right!!!
FollowupID: 781245

Follow Up By: Wilko (Parkes NSW) - Sunday, Feb 10, 2013 at 13:27

Sunday, Feb 10, 2013 at 13:27
I agree with you totally Phill but do you really agree with J & R. He wants to continue prohibition and that people arent responsible for their own actions.

Id like him to "enlighten us" with another one of his pearls of wisdom

Cheers Wilko
FollowupID: 781290

Follow Up By: Member - J&R - Sunday, Feb 10, 2013 at 15:26

Sunday, Feb 10, 2013 at 15:26
A 'battle of wits'? Rubbish. Try harder.

I have seen indigenous communities turn themselves around as a result of the regulation of alcohol, not through Government intervention, but through their need to make a change and with Government, community, legal and other support (not prohibition necessarily, although that's possibly an American term relating to Government regulation).

That's my opinion. You have yours. I think you don't want to respect their decisions and their rules. Quote 'I reckon that alceehol bans still be in effect in the communities but travelers are allowed alceehol in an amount for personnel use'.

If you don't like it, then stay away.

However, I respect your right to be wrong.
FollowupID: 781296

Follow Up By: Wilko (Parkes NSW) - Sunday, Feb 10, 2013 at 19:42

Sunday, Feb 10, 2013 at 19:42
So your finally coming around that prohibition doesnt work and its up to an individual to preclude themselves from the demon drink, Good for you to admit your wrong.

That leaves the majority of society of all races who dont have an issue with drinking to continue.

Remember J&R, Its better to be thought a fool then open ones mouth and remove all doubt, but I have to congratulate you, In a battle of wits, your doing OK when you consider what you have to work with lol.

Cheers Wilko
FollowupID: 781306

Follow Up By: Bazooka - Sunday, Feb 10, 2013 at 20:05

Sunday, Feb 10, 2013 at 20:05
You seem to be under the impression that alcohol -free zones are government mandated Phill. That is nonsense of course.

I agree J&R. Where problems are severe the only answer is removal/limitation of access to the substances/things causing the problems. Next they'll be telling us that opal fuel shouldn't have been introduced - after all the same 'personal responsibility' argument could be applied in that case, as it could in respect of "illegal" drugs such as cocaine and heroine. Prohibition may not work but education and access-restriction is usually far better than open slather.
FollowupID: 781308

Follow Up By: Member - J&R - Sunday, Feb 10, 2013 at 20:23

Sunday, Feb 10, 2013 at 20:23
I get it Wilko. You can't do better.

I didn't say it wasn't up to the individual to take responsibility. I said 'communities'. The collective. When the need to take remedial action is required for the good of the many over the pain of the few I suppose. There are so many examples. Bazooka noted some of them.

Would you ignore an alcohol free zone in a beach area in Sydney because you were travelling through?

I'm disappointed you chose to play the man in your last post, not the ball. I challenged you on your comments. Happy to take it on the cheek if I'm wrong. I still stand by my comment, 'However, I respect your right to be wrong.'

Thanks for the discussion.
FollowupID: 781310

Follow Up By: Rockape - Sunday, Feb 10, 2013 at 21:06

Sunday, Feb 10, 2013 at 21:06
The said side,
and this is real,

Hey, Hey, Brud. You want my sister, it is ok. she has been pising on a fawn trawler and she got the fox but you can have her for a plagon.

Many years ago. Sad but very true.

RA. (I don't know the answer and I don't know if there is one.)

FollowupID: 781321

Sponsored Links