Fuel Pricing Info

Submitted: Saturday, Feb 23, 2013 at 15:01
ThreadID: 100718 Views:2266 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
G'day everyone,

I wish to inform members of a community website run by David Birch of Tamworth NSW which is called: Mylocalfuel.com.
The basis of this site is to advise fuel prices by town which can be updated by users who are either travelling through or who live in the area.
I think this is a great initiative by David to provide this at no cost to users because we are all looking for the cheapest fuel when we travel.
I have used the site many times and have saved up to 6 cents per litre by knowing where to get the best price.
In a recent news interview on our local prime tv channel David encouraged anyone who uses fuel to get involved and make a difference for all of us.
The website address is: My Local Fuel
I have no connection with this site or it's owner I am a happy user of the service.
frank
Back Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Reply By: K&FT - Saturday, Feb 23, 2013 at 21:32

Saturday, Feb 23, 2013 at 21:32
Firstly I apologise for a typo-I got the mans name wrong he is Paul Birch, not david. I can not find an edit my post button anywhere to fix it.

secondly, I accept that this website has not been running for very long and some of the info may be out of date.

This site to be useful to all of us needs input by the people who would like to use it. for instance if you look up tamworth you will see local fuel prices but it needs some input by people who live in other areas so there will eventually be a mine of info.

This will give us the power to purchase at a reasonable price and not support the rip offs just because we dont know an area well enough to know where the cheaper fuel is.

So I encourage all to enter the prices of fuel in your local area. it takes little time to do an update and not much longer to add a new servo or town.

thanks for taking the time to read this.

frank
AnswerID: 505411

Follow Up By: Member - Joe n Mel n kids (FNQ - Tuesday, Feb 26, 2013 at 00:20

Tuesday, Feb 26, 2013 at 00:20
the link did not work for me but thats cool, i would love to see a web site that rates a fuel outlet on service and location, i know i pee off a few people about fuel prices but i still will drive past a "cheap" site and gladly stop at the most remote site and fill up ...... if, and only if .... i know they need to be out where we need them to be and if they are "nice" people, frankly i dont care about the prices because the little i save and the massive amount of fun we have meeting these people, taking time to stop and talk, supporting them and knowing that they will still be there when we go back next time, i call it investment in remote people and bussiness, the last thing i want is a BP sign at every bleedin stop, or Woolies in the bush ...
I have seen some GOFts backtrack 30klms to save 3 cents a L, and chatter away on UHF for yonks about the awsome savings they made, 60k round trip and thats ALL they had to look forward to for the days travel, for gods sake if money is that tight then stay at home, they also complained about not getting a "fancy" coffee at Camerons Corner like it was the end of the world .... i was happy to have a bundy rum in 3 states in one gulp ....
Sorry bout the grumpy winge but i just dont get how when the pure excitement of well earned travel is drowned out by a silly misconception about saving fuel costs.......
The GOFrts were all in $90,000 cruisers and $90,000 vans so i just wont ever get that.
:-)
FollowupID: 782499

Reply By: K&FT - Wednesday, Feb 27, 2013 at 21:23

Wednesday, Feb 27, 2013 at 21:23
G'day Joe n Mel N the Kids,

I can understand where you are coming from. Where I live (nsw northwest) prices dont change a great deal like they do in the bigger centres closer to the coast. Ours usually only ever go UP each time the tanker does a refill so we are quite used to higher prices than the city but that does not mean we should be ripped off and some companies seem to do that regularly.

I recently bought fuel from a non discount outlet at 149.9 while the big supermarket "discount" outlet was selling it for 156.9. This is the main reason for Pauls website and the focus on rural areas which dont seem to feature on the road service fuel watch sites.

I agree that travelling 60 k to save 3 cents/l is crazy. On our recent 11500km trip we just purchased wherever was convenient. 2 or 3 cpl is not going to make much difference over that distance so why worry? I looked for the easiest place to get into with the van on more than anything and also for a place to get a bite and a coffee.

I find the site useful if needing fuel locally and not having to shop first to get the discount just makes life a bit easier.

enjoy your travels and stay safe
frank
AnswerID: 505709

Sponsored Links