Gibb River Road

I wonder if anyone can give us some advice on the best places to visit andcamp along the GRR. We have only 2 weeks in the July holidays. We will be travelling from Perth towing a 4wd camper trailer.
Cheers Mike
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Life Member - Phil B (WA) - Tuesday, Mar 12, 2013 at 06:51

Tuesday, Mar 12, 2013 at 06:51
Hi Mike

You don't mention that you are aware of EO treks notes. this would be a good start

Gibb River Rd

cheers
There is a lot of difference between
‘Human Being’ and ‘Being Human’.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 506611

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Tuesday, Mar 12, 2013 at 07:55

Tuesday, Mar 12, 2013 at 07:55
Hi Mike,

Many blogs have been written about the GRR. If you type Gibb River Road into the search box in the top RH corner of this page you will see lists of blogs, forum posts, articles etc - all the info that you need.

Have a look at our blogs from 2008.

Cheers,

Val.

J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 506617

Reply By: Kris and Kev - Tuesday, Mar 12, 2013 at 08:26

Tuesday, Mar 12, 2013 at 08:26
Mike
Like others have said, use the search function as this question gets asked a lot.
Just a word of caution, don’t expect to see much if you only have 2 weeks, leaving and then returning to Perth. The GRR is only about 640 k’s long, but there are a lot of places to see that are well off the road. We took 4 weeks and did just over 3,000 k’s on the Gibb.
There are some brilliant books on the Kimberley, including the Gibb, and they will also help you plan.
Kevin
AnswerID: 506619

Reply By: Member - John D, Wandong (Vic) - Tuesday, Mar 12, 2013 at 09:53

Tuesday, Mar 12, 2013 at 09:53
Hi Mike, take a look at this website the Kimberley, there is a lot of good information there!

Regards, John
AnswerID: 506624

Reply By: Motherhen - Tuesday, Mar 12, 2013 at 21:38

Tuesday, Mar 12, 2013 at 21:38
Hi Mike

We stayed at the DEC campgrounds at Windjana Gorge and Silent Grove (Bells Falls), Charnley River Station, El Questro. You are not permitted to camp outside of authorised areas. We also took the off shoot to Mitchell Falls and Kalumburu and were three and a half weeks between Derby and Kununurra. You can check My Blogs 2008 for more detail.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 506678

Sponsored Links