Nora Coreina to Beachport

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 12, 2013 at 16:49
ThreadID: 101051 Views:1533 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All

For anyone intending on doing the beach/track from Norina Coreina to Beachport in SA it is currently blocked by a very large sand blow at 5 mile sand hill.

Unless you want to do a lot of digging you will not get through. The other three vehicles with us and ourselves are quite capable and non of us were even tempted.

Beachport Visitor Information centre is the best for updates as Robe VIC did not tell us that it was blocked when we inquired there. If they had we would not have even started via the beach and gone via the inland road.

Also can check with the Wattle Rangers 4wd club.

Cheers
Ross

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - nick b - Tuesday, Mar 12, 2013 at 18:01

Tuesday, Mar 12, 2013 at 18:01
Ross , I dont think you can expect visitor information to know the beach condition long this coast line !!! .....driver beware ....&.... at you own risk ...
cheers
Cheers Nick b

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 506660

Follow Up By: Rossc0 - Thursday, Mar 14, 2013 at 15:26

Thursday, Mar 14, 2013 at 15:26
Well lets see.

Robe visitor information centre sells a 4wd pack that includes 3 maps for the tracks from Robe to Carpenter Rocks. So surely they should know that the track is closed as part of their duty of care when selling a product, especially when Beachport VIC have advised them it is closed (info from manager at Beachport).

When we arrived at the Beachport VIC they had a large sign on the door with the closure details. Also Beachport VIC gives the maps away as full colour A3 pages. The ones that Robe sells are A4 reduced monochrome photocopies of the A3 maps from Beachport.

Driver beware yes, that's why I purchased the maps from Robe in the first place but if your a local and your selling information you must know the current conditions.

I posted this as a warning to others, if you want to know the track conditions along this coastline contact Beachport Visitor Information Centre (they are always up to date) or Wattle Rangers 4WD club (the original producers of the maps) who are based in Beachport.
FollowupID: 783872

Follow Up By: Member - nick b - Thursday, Mar 14, 2013 at 21:16

Thursday, Mar 14, 2013 at 21:16
Gooday Ross , I dont dis-agree with what you say !!!

But I very much "doubt" the beaches or tracks are checked on a daily basis , maybe weekly !!!
I'm not a local but do know that things change quickly ....I.E driver beware !!

Cheers Nick b

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 783909

Sponsored Links