Comment: Shop

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 16, 2013 at 16:30
ThreadID: 101126 Views:1395 Replies:3 FollowUps:10
This Thread has been Archived
Happy Camper Gourmet meals - Please check your discount prices for members. 25% off RRP is a saving of $2.74, not $0.55. The true discount price for members is not reflected in the shopping cart.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Outback Gazz - Saturday, Mar 16, 2013 at 18:13

Saturday, Mar 16, 2013 at 18:13
Howdy Cruiser93

Had / tried the meals yet ?

Just wanting some feedback on them if you don't mind.

All the best

Gazz
AnswerID: 506917

Follow Up By: Member - Cruiser93 - Saturday, Mar 16, 2013 at 18:29

Saturday, Mar 16, 2013 at 18:29
Sorry Gazz. I haven't tried them yet. They're expensive so I was looking to try them with the 25% member discount, which unfortunately doesn't seem to be applied in the shopping basket. Maybe when they sort out the apparent problem with the website.
Rgds.
FollowupID: 784035

Follow Up By: Gaynor - Sunday, Mar 17, 2013 at 07:21

Sunday, Mar 17, 2013 at 07:21
I would really appreciate some feed back on these meals as well.

I have tried freeze dried once before and was not impressed - different brand. I need to stock up for my next trip (315 meals per person) and would really be disappointed if I found I'd bought pieces of rubber drowned in msg or other masses of seasoning to mask an otherwise bland meal.

Freeze dried definitely has a place in camping, especially the kind of stuff I do (on foot), but at the moment I am leaning towards the slightly heavier MRE's (Meals Ready to Eat) like UK brand Wayfayre and Aussie brand Happy Camper Gourmet. Happy Camper has had good reviews so I am going to try them. Wayfayre is new to me, but I have been given 20 meals for my next trip, so I look forward to reviewing them.

Is Wayfayre available in Australia?
FollowupID: 784073

Follow Up By: Gaynor - Sunday, Mar 17, 2013 at 07:38

Sunday, Mar 17, 2013 at 07:38
Under the Lamb Shank Happy Camper Gourmet meals:

'31 Jul 12 Member - Noldi (WA) Rating 4/5
Tried both flavours of these on the weekend, they had some stiff competition as the boss it a great cook, while not up to her standard they tasted good and were easy to prepare. Need to cook veggies to go with them but as long as you know. Were going to get some more for our emergency ration box. Pleasantly Surprised, I would recommend these.'

For some reason the The Happy Camper Gourmet Lamb dishes do not show up under 'Lamb' but you can find the product and the review under an open search on Camp Meals.

I also got feedback on one of the threads I was contributing to:

http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/Topic/99368/Camp_Meals_and_Sports_Nutrition_Supplements.aspx?ky=&sn=gaynor&p=%2fForum%2fDefault.aspx%3fs%3d1%26sn%3dgaynor%26pn%3d1

'Member - Mary W NW VIC replied:
I am a devoted fan of Happy Camper meals.Have used them on the AB/CSR trip and even love an occasional meal at home.TOP quality Australian tucker!
I never go on an outback trip without them but I am now used to all of the hoverers whose noses just can't let me eat in peace.Wow that smells nice!'

'Member - Boobook posted:
The Happy Camper meals are bloody beautiful. You will be pleasantly surprised I am sure. The Lamb shanks are yummy.'

You can bet that I am going to be trying those Lamb Shanks!

FollowupID: 784074

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Saturday, Mar 16, 2013 at 21:23

Saturday, Mar 16, 2013 at 21:23
Just took a look at this to see what the problem is. The 25% discount for members applies to the boxed item only. ie. when you click buying options you'll see the discount on the box but not on the single pack. At first glance it certainly looks conflicting but if you click through to the buying options you'll see what's going on.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 506929

Follow Up By: Gaynor - Monday, Mar 18, 2013 at 16:34

Monday, Mar 18, 2013 at 16:34
Michelle - can you clarify something for me.

If a person buys a box of Happy Camper Gourmet that is advertised for eg $120 does a member get 25% off that price? Making it $90.

If my purchase order, as a non member, is for $150 or more, do I automatically get an annual membership for free and qualify for that discount all in the same transaction?

g
FollowupID: 784211

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Adele - Monday, Mar 18, 2013 at 17:42

Monday, Mar 18, 2013 at 17:42
Hi Gaynor, Michelle has referred this to me to look into - we originally only discounted the boxes of Lamb Shanks, but I can see that this was confusing because of how those product pages were set-up. We've now decided to extend this offer to the individual packs while stocks last. I have also added the Best Before Dates into the item description of all Happy Camper Gourmet items, as some of these are getting close to their Best Before dates (this is still a good time to give them a try for a discounted price though). I hope this information helps, and if you have any further enquiries, please just let me know.
Online Shop- Adele

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 784214

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Adele - Monday, Mar 18, 2013 at 17:46

Monday, Mar 18, 2013 at 17:46
Hi Gaynor,

Also to clarify, not all of the range of Happy Camper Gourmet items are on special, if you are logged in as a Member, the price will be what is displayed in the Buying Options.
Online Shop- Adele

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 784216

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Adele - Monday, Mar 18, 2013 at 17:48

Monday, Mar 18, 2013 at 17:48
Also, any order over $150 made by a non member qualifies for a free membership. If you are not logged in as a member, you can still see which items will be on special, as they display the Members get 25% off message.
Online Shop- Adele

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 784217

Follow Up By: Gaynor - Monday, Mar 18, 2013 at 19:13

Monday, Mar 18, 2013 at 19:13
Ok, thanks Adele. Sorry for being pedantic in my understanding.

I am a non member, so if I put an order in for $150 using PayPal, the system will automatically make me a member in that same transaction and award the 25% discount on that $150 order?
FollowupID: 784222

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Adele - Tuesday, Mar 19, 2013 at 14:28

Tuesday, Mar 19, 2013 at 14:28
Hi Gaynor

The Member’s discount is not included unless you are a member at the time of placing an order – this means that you would not receive an additional member discount on an order where you receive a free membership award (as this is not activated until you have paid for your order).

If it works out cheaper, it may be worthwhile to order the membership prior to placing your shop order.

I hope this information helps, and if you have any further enquiries, please just let me know.
Online Shop- Adele

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 784307

Reply By: Kilcowera Station Stay - Sunday, Mar 17, 2013 at 07:23

Sunday, Mar 17, 2013 at 07:23
We used some of the meals on our last trip away and found them to be excellent. The shanks were a bit bland, but the stew and the meatball one were nice. Bit expensive though. Cheers Toni
AnswerID: 506954

Follow Up By: Gaynor - Sunday, Mar 17, 2013 at 07:53

Sunday, Mar 17, 2013 at 07:53
Thanks for the feedback. I will be sure to grind some Himalaya salt onto my shank!

Coming from South Africa, everything in Australia is hugely expensive. If a member buys a box of Happy Camper Gourmet meals and gets 25% off the lot, that is cheaper per meal than any imported camping meal I can buy in South Africa. Right now, those ready to eat meals are cheap and its a good time to buy. They last for years, according to their website, so you don't have to eat them right away. Each time you go camping or even for a long drive, pop a couple in the travel box. I am looking forward to giving them a go.
FollowupID: 784075

Sponsored Links