Northern Territory Info Please.

We are doing a trip to the NT in May with two other dirt road vans. Mt Isa, Tennant Ck, Daly River, Litchfield, Darwin, Kakadu, Roper Bar, Borroloola, Burketown and
would like some info on a couple of matters mainly on fishinf and roads.
1/ We wanted to go to Davenport Range NP. Can we go from Barkly H'stead Roadhouse to Wutunugurra and Kurundi and is fuel available there.
2/ Are there many Caravan Parks or camping areas at Daly River. Also can you go from Daly River to Litchfield via the Southern end of the Park.
3/ Caravan Parks in Darwin. Don't have to be flash just clean. Also what not to miss.
4/ Roper Bar to Borroloola and Burketown. Would appreciate any info on this stretch.
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Ross.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: SDG - Monday, Apr 08, 2013 at 20:54

Monday, Apr 08, 2013 at 20:54
Just left Darwin. Was happy staying at Hidden Valley Caravan park.

We looked at Daly Rivers pub camp ground. We have been ordered by the other halves to find another spot. Not sure our selves yet where that is, as we planned to stay there a night on our return south.
AnswerID: 508496

Reply By: Motherhen - Monday, Apr 08, 2013 at 21:08

Monday, Apr 08, 2013 at 21:08
In brief for others looking in at any time as I have answered your questions elsewhere.

1. The public cannot go on the private Epenarra Station road from Barkly Homesteads Roadhouse. Epenarra Station sell fuel and run quite a good little shop - mainly for the Wutungurra community.

2. There are a number of caravan parks in the Daly River area.

There is a 4wd road from Litchfield to the Daly River Road. I have referred you to a photo of the Reynolds River Crossing we chose not to take (not towing of course - whole south road in Litchfield not suitable for caravans).

3. The CP we went to in Darwin is now closed, but it is an oft discussed topic.

4. Check recent threads on Savannah Way.
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 508501

Reply By: KevL64 - Tuesday, Apr 09, 2013 at 07:39

Tuesday, Apr 09, 2013 at 07:39
As others have said, the road to Epenarra from Barkly is private access only. If you do make the trip in to the Davenport Ranges though , Old Police Station water hole is a magic spot.
I drove the track to Barkly from Epenarra in 2010 but I had permission from the station manager. It was easy to follow but not maintained at all with bypass tracks around several long boggy sections.
The Wutunugurra locals use it reasonably regularly.
Fuel was available at both Epenarra and Kurundi at that time.

Kev
AnswerID: 508521

Reply By: Member - Beatit (QLD) - Tuesday, Apr 09, 2013 at 10:00

Tuesday, Apr 09, 2013 at 10:00
In respect to point 4 Roper Bar to Borroloola section have a look at our blog when we did this Sept/Oct last year,
Start for the Roper
Follow through as we travel along this road and onto Burketown with everything in between.
Feel free to ask specifics.

Kind regards
AnswerID: 508538

Sponsored Links