SumoSprings

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 28, 2013 at 13:55
ThreadID: 101912 Views:4905 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Whilst at the recent show in Sydney I saw these load levelling kits on display - has anyone ever used them and what do you think of them.

A J
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ross M - Sunday, Apr 28, 2013 at 18:03

Sunday, Apr 28, 2013 at 18:03
I have only seen ads for these and it appears they are only an extra spring and aren't really a load leveler at all
They are only able to and try to cater for what the original springs can't do and while it may hold the body higher it doesn't alter the weight distribution which may be causing the problem in the first place.
They go between the axle housing and the chassis, so do airbags, and if fitted to take any appreciable load, are also loading the chassis, like airbags do, in the middle between where the chassis wasn't designed to bear load.
If they are effective in raising the vehicle they have to be forcing up between those design points for the leaf spring.
Not a very good idea, will work to some degree, may cause chassis damage/breaking etc and don't even out any lift effect happening at the front suspension.
If you are going to carry load it appears you may need uprated springs.

The ad is misleading as it shows the front settling after the SUMO"S are fitted, Not true , as they cannot alter the raise effect of the front at all.

Ross M
AnswerID: 509954

Follow Up By: A J - Sunday, Apr 28, 2013 at 19:27

Sunday, Apr 28, 2013 at 19:27
Ross M - thanks for that information - much appreciated.

A J
FollowupID: 787984

Reply By: Member - willawa - Monday, Apr 29, 2013 at 17:12

Monday, Apr 29, 2013 at 17:12
A J

Check these out .I have them fitted to my Colorado and have been very pleased with them. They don;t put extra stain on the axle which I'm told air bags and the like may do.

www.atecoequipment.com.au. or google "Super Springs".

Cheers
AnswerID: 509993

Sponsored Links