lift kit for pk ranger

Submitted: Friday, May 03, 2013 at 01:10
ThreadID: 101985 Views:7418 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
hi guys
looking for a bit of info, i want to lift my ranger 2inches for touring etc.

ive been looking at tough dog and arb obviously, but they are very pricey and if im going to go all out, id like to know what others have done and learn from everyone else.

what have you done? what works? what doesnt?

is ironman a goer? they have a good range of gear but im not sure of how theyd go?

any help is much appreciated.
Cheers
Steve
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Jo Q (NSW) - Friday, May 03, 2013 at 09:42

Friday, May 03, 2013 at 09:42
Hi Steve,

I just got my 2010 PK Ranger done and it lifted about 2 inches.

I went with Dobinsons Suspension (not sure what State you are in?). More than happy so far, but the test will be the trip up to Cape York in June/July.

Cheers,

AnswerID: 510239

Reply By: Member - iijmartin - Friday, May 03, 2013 at 18:37

Friday, May 03, 2013 at 18:37
Steve, another plug for Dobinsons. Just fitted their heaviest duty springs/shocks to 2012 Mazda BT 50. I have a heavy steel canopy permanently on the back. Haven't measured it but at least 50 mm lift. Really happy with the suspension upgrade. Rides/handles heaps better. I am towing a heavy van rather than doing much off road work.
Spoke to Dobinsons Sydney but got mine thru Suspension Stuff at Slacks Creek - great advice and service.
My research before I chose Dobinsons was their after sales back up is second to none. Cheaper than ARB and better research feedback than Tough Dog. Did not consider the much cheaper Ironman.
Go with Dobinsons
Regards
Ian
AnswerID: 510255

Reply By: Member - Steve O (QLD) - Friday, May 03, 2013 at 19:41

Friday, May 03, 2013 at 19:41
gidday Steve,
I have fitted an ARB delux bar warn XP winch,scrub bars, side steps,canopy, draws,aux battery,long range tank etc, the vehicle's suspension sagged quite quickly as expected! I got ARB to fit their HD springs, and nitro charger shocks all round, with a 40mm lift front & a 55mm lift in the rear, this was deliberatly set this way as I hook up quite a heavy caravan, which when attached, has everything sitting quite level.
I am quite happy with the set up,it picked up the hieght I had lost PLUS the above stated lift,the ride is firm but not at all uncomfortable, shes good on the rough stuff laden and unladen....not the cheapest..but I'm not at all unhappy with what I got for my money.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with ARB, just a satisfied customer..this is the 2nd tourer I have fitted up using a lot of their gear, by the way vehicle is a 2012 PX ranger ,3.2 diesel.
Cheers Steve.
AnswerID: 510265

Sponsored Links