Creek crossing on "The Great Top"

Submitted: Saturday, May 04, 2013 at 07:39
ThreadID: 102001 Views:1555 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Will be travelling along "The Great Top" rd from Hells Gate to Boroloola late June, can anyone tell me how the creek crossing are likely to be.
I have read that the Calvert creek would be the worse one, does that sound right.
Cheers
Dave T
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ant_schomacker - Saturday, May 04, 2013 at 14:45

Saturday, May 04, 2013 at 14:45
Hi Dave,

We've been pretty dry up here this year, so I would imagine that by June bull dust and corrugations would be more of a concern. The locals are already driving back an forwards between here (Doom) and Boroloola with no issues now.

What dates are you coming through? We'll be leaving from Doom on 29th June heading west, so we may see you.

Ant
AnswerID: 510304

Follow Up By: Member - David T5 - Saturday, May 04, 2013 at 15:11

Saturday, May 04, 2013 at 15:11
Hi Ant,
Thanks for the info, I was looking forward a little water to drive through, never mind.
We will be departing Adels Grove 24th June heading up to Doomagee then then Hells Gate then onto to Roper Bar via Limen NP and Butterfly Springs.
Cheers
Dave
FollowupID: 788390

Follow Up By: ant_schomacker - Saturday, May 04, 2013 at 15:27

Saturday, May 04, 2013 at 15:27
Dave,

If you come up through the short road (via Kingfisher Camp / Bowthorn) there may still be some water in a couple of creeks, and I'm not too sure how it will be once in the NT there may be some water in the rivers, but I would say it's not likely to be deep (if its there at all).

You're probably going to be a few days ahead of us, but we're heading up to Katherine & Kakadu via Roper Bar area.

Ant
FollowupID: 788391

Sponsored Links