Gaawd!!, The power of the new Rodeos!!!!

Submitted: Friday, May 17, 2013 at 20:22
ThreadID: 102271 Views:2731 Replies:7 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Forget Rangers,Mazdas, Landcruisers,Nissans, Landrover,and all the others, I just witnessed one skull dragging what looked like a 30yr old david brown tractor out of a dam!................Their latest add on the idiot box of course..lol.

But in saying that only last week i skull dragged an old tractor up a steep hill with a 13t excavator, ........just would have luved to watch a new Rodeo doing it,

What lenghts they go to with crap advertising.

Cheers Axle.

Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Peter&Lynore - Friday, May 17, 2013 at 21:21

Friday, May 17, 2013 at 21:21
Well the adds worked you saw it now its getting talked about, I think it's not to bad,a bit of thinking out of the usual ,would like the tractor for garden art in my front yard, wonder if they need it anymore .
haveagoodweekend.
Peter
AnswerID: 511272

Reply By: olcoolone - Friday, May 17, 2013 at 23:03

Friday, May 17, 2013 at 23:03
If you can't win them with the facts babble them with ????....... that sells cars.

AnswerID: 511283

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 09:04

Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 09:04
New Rodeo???

That brand name was retired some 5 years ago mate.
Isuzu "own the rights" to the name but haven't used it since the ending of joint arrangements between Isuzu and GM in 2008.

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 511292

Reply By: member - mazcan - Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 09:20

Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 09:20
hi axle
in case you are still living in the past they are now called colarado's
had the chance at a recent event in bunbury to see and compare the current new colarado and the izusu they were siting 8 mtrs away from one another
the bodies are identical the side windows and everything the only difference is the engines and maybe the gearboxes?? the izusu has the old rebooted /tweeked rodeo engine and the colarado has the new euro engine
cosmetic changes to the front/rear and the interiors /seating /front bonnet and lights/grille these cosmetic differences are fooling a lot of buyers its all smoke and mirrors
suspensions looks the same with maybe a tweek here and there
yes the two companies have officially split and are going their own ways in their own factories but with the current models of each are still sharing the same bodies
but it wont be until the next model of each where the differences will be greater seeing is believing and I have done that exercise
cheers
AnswerID: 511293

Follow Up By: Member - Coldee - Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 13:39

Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 13:39
I put my money on the 2013 Izuzu. I think the differences now are a bit more than cosmetic. Izuzu trucks have been around for years and the engine is as tough and reliable as anything else. They have also improved the ride and the stability which has always been a weakness for utes. Fuel economy is excellent as well. They are a nice car to drive loaded and unloaded.
FollowupID: 789504

Follow Up By: member - mazcan - Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 21:16

Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 21:16
hi coldee
if you click on
www.motoring.com.au
and go to Isuzu section and read the article --
GM -ISUZU to co-develop new ute
you will see its a simular situation between colarado and Isuzu as it is with bt-50 and ford ranger in the 3rd section and
the last 4 sections of the above article clearly say what has been going on and what will continue to take place in a co development partnership
so anyone that is lead to believe by salesmen that the 2 vehicles are stand alone vehicles are being mis-lead and maybe believe in fairies at the bottom of the garden as well
the two companies signed a memorandum of understanding on the 9/1/13to start negotiations towards jointly developing a next generation pick-up truck moving forward both companies will discuss specifics regarding the project
I don't think it leaves any doubt that the vehicles are twins even though not identical
cheers
FollowupID: 789552

Follow Up By: Member - Coldee - Sunday, May 19, 2013 at 15:18

Sunday, May 19, 2013 at 15:18
Never said they were stand alones. Yes they were jointly developed. I simply said the Izuzu is a nicer ute, something the review of the 2013 Izuzu in motoring.com.au states also. A quote from the review states, "But they now differ in key aspects including mechanicals."
FollowupID: 789596

Reply By: Robin Miller - Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 14:29

Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 14:29
That was really Super Patrol with a cardboard disguise.

Now you know the real reason we had to de-tune it to 400kw as their camera could only film so fast.
Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 511307

Reply By: Member - Fab72 (Paradise SA) - Sunday, May 19, 2013 at 12:28

Sunday, May 19, 2013 at 12:28
No different to the other ad on TV where those two bozzo's are unaware of the huge boulder that has landed in their tray.

It does however make a pleasant change to the family sedan ads where they're all been driven along a winding mist covered country road.

I think the biggest crock is the false sense of security that SUV manufacturers promote by selling their soft roaders as "go anywhere machines".

Fab.
AnswerID: 511376

Reply By: Member - Michael A (ACT) - Sunday, May 19, 2013 at 13:48

Sunday, May 19, 2013 at 13:48
My 2 bobs worth

The colorado runs a GM duramax 2-8 turbo diesel licensed by GM and built entirely in China. This also has its own version of a GM gearbox unsure where that is made

The isuzu D-Max runs its own proprierty diesel built in Thailand. this gearbox is Isuzu manufactured.

Both vehicles have same body and similar chassis.

M

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 511379

Sponsored Links