Q for Ruth D

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 17:55
ThreadID: 10244 Views:1807 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Ruth would you or anyone else know if the track from Cordillo Downs to the Cooper Dev road is a public access track as shown on the maps or will i need permission from stations to use it. I am planning to come back from Birdsville that way to Thargominda & Hungerford when I visit in May. Regards Bob
Where to next
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Ruth D (QLD) - Wednesday, Feb 04, 2004 at 09:46

Wednesday, Feb 04, 2004 at 09:46
Hey Bob & Lex - now don't anybody laugh. Which road do you call the Cooper Dev. Road? From Cordillo Downs you can go straight down to Innamincka or across to Arrabury and down the Queensland side to NappaMerrie then across the Adventure Way to near the Noccundra Pub and on into Thargomindah. Unless you mean from Cameron's Corner up to Naryilco, Tickalara, Bulloo Downs Thyangra and Thargomindah - that would require permission(s) and could be wet in there for some time. That it?
AnswerID: 45393

Reply By: Member - Ruth D (QLD) - Wednesday, Feb 04, 2004 at 10:27

Wednesday, Feb 04, 2004 at 10:27
Sorry Bob - just looked on another map and found Cooper Dev Road but it goes from Adventure Way up past Bellalie, Mt Margaret and into Eromanga and then Quilpie. Unless you mean going from Arrabury to Durham Downs and then across. That will be out - only a private goat track and will need good boat to cross the Cooper. (That's one trip I've always wanted to do - other one is south from Tanbar down the Cooper to Durham).
AnswerID: 45401

Follow Up By: Member -Bob & Lex (Sydney) - Wednesday, Feb 04, 2004 at 17:27

Wednesday, Feb 04, 2004 at 17:27
Thanks Ruth, Arrabury to Durham Downs is the one guess I will have to make different plans. Lex has asked for hols so hopefully she can come to but I dought it as she is involved in a new computer roll out for her company. Can only keep fingers crossed, see you in May.Regards Bob
Where to next
FollowupID: 307548

Sponsored Links