trip meeka to coral bay

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 19:47
ThreadID: 10247 Views:1527 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi
Can anyone help me with a route from meekatharra to coral bay. I will be doing this trip late april.I have a rodeo towing a camper.any tips will most welcome.
brian
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - George (WA) - Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 22:08

Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 22:08
Take the gravel road between Meekatharra and Carnarvon via Gascoyne Junction. It more or less follows the Gascoyne River
This road is usually in good condition and no trouble for 2x2 cars
From Carnarvon you head North up the highway via Minilya, about 12 km North of Minilya is the turn Left to Exmouth, then about 95 km along turn left to Coral Bay, about 12 km

Cheers
GeorgeKing Edward River, Mitchell Plateau
VKS-737, ch 2, sel. 2131
AnswerID: 45351

Follow Up By: Member - Ray - Wednesday, Feb 04, 2004 at 11:53

Wednesday, Feb 04, 2004 at 11:53
The most enjoyable track is via Mt Augustus. Take a couple of days there and climb all of the tracks to the summit. Also stop off at the Kennedy Ranges for a couple of days. There are some great walks through the area and it is suitable for all ages.Camping area is basic (long dpop dunny and little else)
FollowupID: 307496

Reply By: sensei - Wednesday, Feb 04, 2004 at 15:40

Wednesday, Feb 04, 2004 at 15:40
Agree with George that the Gascoyne Junction is a very nice trip to make, I have done it in my GU patrol and Camper trailer and had no problems at all. The road was in very good condition back then but I never make it into Mt.Augustus
The other way I have taken to get to Coral bay is through Newman and down the Karijini national park, through Paraburdoo and straight on to the road house which I can not think of right now..haha. I normally cut across the burket road as this will cut out a few extra kms

Gary
AnswerID: 45435

Sponsored Links