Birdsville "Inside" track

Hi all, I'm getting the rig ready to head up to Birdsville for the races and have just read that the Inside track is open.

Has anyone been on there recently that could give a report, I understand that things can/will change in the next 8 weeks but some info now would be great.

Planned trip is
Adelaide - Birdsville via Marree & inside track????
Birdsville - Innamincka via Cordillo Downs
Innamincka - Noccundra via secret Yabbie spot
Noccundra - Camerons Corner
Camerons Corner - Arkaroola
Arkaroola - Blinman
Blinman - Adelaide

Any track info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Nigel
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - hopbush - Monday, Jun 24, 2013 at 06:14

Monday, Jun 24, 2013 at 06:14
Nigel...I travelled the inside track about 10 days ago. Had been recently graded and in pretty good condition......soft loamy soil so not packed hard but easily driveable. A few minor dunes, washouts, corrugations, twists and turns and several kilometres of rough Sturts stony desert on the southern end, overall a nice drive with no real challenges and dry as a chip. I have not travelled on your other proposed tracks in the last 12 months or so.
Then travelled north over the Warburton crossing, Warburton track, K1 line and Hay River track to Batton Hill, onwards to Jervois and Brisbane via the Plenty Highway, Donohue Highway etc.
The Warburton, K1 and Hay River whilst dry and in fairly good condition requires high clearance 4WD and desert travel experience. Apart from a few vehicles near Batton Hill, I saw only one vehicle in 3 days. The trip from Birdsville to Jervois via these tracks took me 3 1/2 days, 835 k's, and consumed fuel at the rate of 12.83 litres per 100 k for those who like statistics........my vehicle a 2005 hilux 3.0L D4D.
Tony (hopbush)
AnswerID: 513694

Reply By: raincloud - Monday, Jun 24, 2013 at 10:02

Monday, Jun 24, 2013 at 10:02
gday campaholic would love to help with your route condition but without knowing where the 'secret yabby spot' is I can't help !!!!!
AnswerID: 513705

Follow Up By: Ian and Pen - Monday, Jun 24, 2013 at 14:16

Monday, Jun 24, 2013 at 14:16
Nice one raincloud :-)
Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought stupid than to open it and remove all doubt

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 792468

Sponsored Links