A Troopy storage question.

Submitted: Friday, Jul 05, 2013 at 17:27
ThreadID: 103108 Views:1840 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all
What I am looking for would be similar to an overhead console (type with the 50mm lip or thereabouts) but running along both sides of the interior of the troopy just above the sliding windows. I have an overhead console in the front of the vehicle and this gave me the idea. It would be used for storage of light gear which I can access when I'm in the back of the vehicle or even for my fishing rods etc. I have drawers in the back but as I soon head off for 3 months looking for ideas. It's no biggy if can't be achieved but thought I'd ask. NO I am not a handyman!
Thanks
Arlo
Arlo

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Friday, Jul 05, 2013 at 19:22

Friday, Jul 05, 2013 at 19:22
Hi Arlo,

I know you said you are not a handyman, but you might be able to find someone to make something up for you. We have "overhead lockers" made from shadecloth, bungee cord and curtainwire. Its been there for numerous big trips and is great for storing small things, and as we sleep in the back its where our books, glasses etc go at night. Have a look at the photo in this blog here

Cheers,

Val
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 514354

Reply By: Member - Peter H1 (NSW) - Friday, Jul 05, 2013 at 20:48

Friday, Jul 05, 2013 at 20:48
Hi Arlo,
You don't say where you are, but if you contact "the dept of the interior" at Carlton in Sydney [Google it] they will be able to solve your dillema.
They put a consul in my 2012 Ford Ranger PX LXT.
Peter
AnswerID: 514356

Sponsored Links