Unique trailer wanted !!! Bending my head

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 10, 2013 at 20:11
ThreadID: 103190 Views:3573 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
OK folks, here is a test to find out how observant you've been. I'm wanting an offroad trailer to modify as a project...I'd prefer someone in SA to build it considering I live in Alice Springs.

This is the kind of beast I am after (all acknowledgements to Walltech Engineering in VIC for the picture). If I cant get it closer I may have to get from VIC and ship it...

I'd like to add 3 jerry can holders for diesel, water tank and independent suspension if the budget will stretch. The plan is to build the storage internally with kitchen, add a roof top tent and side awning....

Is there an "off the floor" trailer similar or who would you suggest to build me a custom trailer in SA ?

Many Thanks..Pete
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Thursday, Jul 11, 2013 at 07:41

Thursday, Jul 11, 2013 at 07:41
Hi Pete,

You could try contacting Modern Trailers based at Pooraka.
Their website states "Custom Build" to your supplied specifications.
Perhaps their offroad model modified with the sliding drawers would come close to what you are after?

Modern Trailers

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 514595

Follow Up By: Sand Man (SA) - Thursday, Jul 11, 2013 at 07:44

Thursday, Jul 11, 2013 at 07:44
Another builder is Kessner Trailers at Hamstead Gardens who also offer custom build.

Kessner Trailers

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 793701

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Thursday, Jul 11, 2013 at 08:06

Thursday, Jul 11, 2013 at 08:06
Pete,

Try Wilmax Trailers

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 514597

Follow Up By: Sandman - Thursday, Jul 11, 2013 at 09:43

Thursday, Jul 11, 2013 at 09:43
Kev, I REALLY like their camper trailers.....going to give him a call this morning....

pete
FollowupID: 793703

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Thursday, Jul 11, 2013 at 17:34

Thursday, Jul 11, 2013 at 17:34
Pete,

They look good don't they :)

An old business member Andrew from Vivid Photography had a trailer built by them, which triggered my memory about decent trailer builders in SA ;)

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 793725

Follow Up By: Sandman - Thursday, Jul 11, 2013 at 19:52

Thursday, Jul 11, 2013 at 19:52
Kev

Had a chat to them today, the one trailer on his site was $28K...unfortunately not the amount I want to spend for simply a trailer with a kitchen....while nice, I can get a lot more elsewhere... I really want to spend $10K or less for the basic unit before I do my own customization...

Will continue to look :-)

Thanks..pete
FollowupID: 793731

Reply By: KevinE - Thursday, Jul 11, 2013 at 08:12

Thursday, Jul 11, 2013 at 08:12
G'day Sandman,

Try Sar Major Trailers

They make "Trailer Factory SA" branded trailers as well as the Sar Major products, the heavy duty ones are very, very well put together.

If you have Jim's Mowing up there they're most likely towing a Trailer Factory trailer, as most of them seem to down here. A lot of the hire trailers in servo's are Trailer factory too.

Kessner are also good, so are Arrow & Built Tough.

I have no affiliation with any of them, but I use & abuse a trailer for work daily. If I was getting a new one built, it would be Trailer Factory all the way.

Cheers,

Kevin.
AnswerID: 514598

Sponsored Links