Tinnie to Tassie

Submitted: Sunday, Aug 25, 2013 at 21:36
ThreadID: 104039 Views:1425 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I am asking if anyone has taken their cartopper to Tassie and if so, was it worthwhile? Did you get to use it much to go fishing and did you actually catch any fish? I am more interested in the close inshore saltwater areas but I am also interested to hear about the lakes as well. I realize weather would be a limiting factor but hopefully over the summer when I am going there may be some decent days.
Cheers,
Al-one
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Terry. G (TAS) - Monday, Aug 26, 2013 at 00:28

Monday, Aug 26, 2013 at 00:28
Al-one
If you fish the lakes in the high country you will find your tinny very handy but remember those lakes can come up very rough . You will need a fresh water licence to fish in all lakes and rivers over here . You will also find the tinny handy on the East Coast but would think carefully about using it on the West Coast as there is some very rough water over there .No license required to fish for scale fish in Salt Water in Tassie either.Although not exactly what you asked but there are a lot of good trout waters over here and flat head ect on the East Coast hope that this helps
Terry

AnswerID: 517094

Reply By: Member - Terry. G (TAS) - Monday, Aug 26, 2013 at 00:32

Monday, Aug 26, 2013 at 00:32
Sorry Al-one
Forgot to add Life Jackets are required by law over here as soon as your foot goes in to the boat in other word put the jacket on first think its a straight out $500.00 fine her for not wearing one
Terry
AnswerID: 517095

Follow Up By: Nifty1 - Monday, Aug 26, 2013 at 20:25

Monday, Aug 26, 2013 at 20:25
Took a kayak, not a tinny, and didn't go fishing either. But it was well worth it - you see things differently from the water. Used it around the harbour in Hobart, the Derwent at New Norfolk, Boat Harbour (North coast) Strahan, various lakes and rivers, Bay of Fires. Will certainly take it next time too.
FollowupID: 796681

Reply By: shanegu6 - Monday, Aug 26, 2013 at 20:54

Monday, Aug 26, 2013 at 20:54
Definitely worth it. Some of the best flathead fishing I've ever experienced was around Dover and Bruny island. Great bream fishing up around policeman point as well.
AnswerID: 517131

Reply By: greygonads - Monday, Aug 26, 2013 at 23:00

Monday, Aug 26, 2013 at 23:00
Make sure you notify when booking the ferry as they need to know height of setup. limited spaces available for rigs over 2.1 metres due to trucks and motor homes.No extra cost just less spaces. Some good spots , Bridport, Mussleroe Bay*, Policemans Point*(Ansons), Binnalong, St Helens, Coles Bay. The list goes on. Highland Lakes, stick with the small ones to avoid rough conditions.
*= free camp available.
You will regret if you don't bring it.
AnswerID: 517138

Sponsored Links