Lake Boolka

Submitted: Tuesday, Sep 10, 2013 at 14:57
ThreadID: 104263 Views:2012 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Anyone been up the Dog Fence, Broken Hill and northward, lately.

A year ago it was pretty much full. Wondering how it is now?

Water of good quality?

Also, would there be a gate in the fence that's not locked, anywhere near there?

Thanks,
Laurie.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - eighty matey - Tuesday, Sep 10, 2013 at 21:05

Tuesday, Sep 10, 2013 at 21:05
G'day Laurie,

that's a great drive up that way, eh?

Haven't been up that way for about 3 years and it was chockers then too.
The water at Moorabie was impressive. There was every type of water bird ever made out there.

The only unlocked gate into SA is at Cameron Corner, to the best of my knowledge.
The Dog Fence Maintenance Base is at Smithville House. You might be able to ask them directly.

Hoo roo,
Steve.

AnswerID: 517942

Follow Up By: Bega Photographer - Tuesday, Sep 10, 2013 at 23:33

Tuesday, Sep 10, 2013 at 23:33
Thanks eighty matey!

I'll look up Moorabie on the map. I think it may be a salt lake roughly in the same area (within a day's drive).

I remember seeing the maintenance base.

We had our camp set up and a cruiser ute went flying past at about 120 MPH. I assumed it was the fence maintenance man heading for camp.

If there's water there and it looks as nice as last time, we'll stay at Lake Boolka for a few days.

I'm not much of a rabbit trapper. I set my lone trap in the entrance to a burrow in the nearby sand hills and in the morning you could see the little footprints all around the trap. Maybe get some fresh meat this trip.

Looks like we'll have to make do with photographing in NSW till a bit later in the trip.

Laurie.
FollowupID: 797705

Sponsored Links