Help with lifts Matlock and Mt Skene

Submitted: Sunday, Sep 22, 2013 at 10:18
ThreadID: 104430 Views:1420 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
As part of The Happy Walk I am walking the Australian Alpine Walking Track (AAWT) and will be attempting it as a return, Tharwa-Walhalla-Tharwa, over 3 months this summer.

From the 20th of October I will be driving and walking in food caches and need a hand with 2 of them.

My vehicle is an old kombi, Reggie, and, although she's tough, there are a few mountain roads that might give her the grumps so I am hoping someone can help me avoid a couple of them with a lift up from Jamieson to Matlock so I can walk a drop into Red Jacket and another lift from Jamieson to Mt Skene so I can walk a drop into Mt Sunday. Both of these will be over night trips for me as I will walk in, make the drop, camp and then walk back out so the following afternoons it would be helpful if someone could help me get back to Jamieson. Perhaps someone working up there can help me arrange a lift. I can help with fuel costs and it is for an endorsed Lifeline fundraiser.

The dates will be Jamieson to Matlock early 21st, Matlock to Jamieson late 22nd, Jamieson to Mt Skene early 23rd, Mt Skene to Jamieson late 24th October.
There are a few other roads that will test how tough Reggie is but I my options for making drops at Cope Saddle, Glen Wills, 12km nth of Benambra (where the track crosses Corryong Rd) and near the Cobberas don't leave me much choice other than driving down Bogong High Plains Rd, across Limestone Creek Rd and over Snowy River Rd.

This is the map link to my cache run through the mountains

Also, are there safe places to park Reggie unattended overnight in Jamieson and Mt Buller?

Cheers
Terra
:)
Have you seen my marbles?

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Terra'Mer - Sunday, Sep 22, 2013 at 11:54

Sunday, Sep 22, 2013 at 11:54
the link to the map didn't work, sorry, but those of you who can help know where and what I'm talking about :)
Have you seen my marbles?

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 518582

Sponsored Links