Terry W4 2008 Prado 120 D4D

Submitted: Saturday, Oct 05, 2013 at 18:55
ThreadID: 104599 Views:4106 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Last weekend it looked just standard

This is not a slow build. Picked up the car a week ago in Sydney. Now registered in the ACT and have had the following done this week.

Driving lights - recovery points - snorkel

Dual battery system

Took it out today for its first drive in 4WD and a small river crossing just to say "I did it".

Drawers - cargo barrier - drop down fridge slide and ARB 47l fridge - all recovery gear - compressors and EPIRB

Plus = New tyres all around - Goodyear Wranglers AT and Tyredog TPMS, fire extinguisher, Uniden radio - UH7760 and I bought an Ipad and Mudmaps software and lots of stuff.

Should have shown the Explore Oz - tyre cover.
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Member - bbuzz (NSW) - Saturday, Oct 05, 2013 at 19:00

Saturday, Oct 05, 2013 at 19:00
I bought a 2008 D4D at the beginning of the year and I couldn't afford what you have done in such a short time!!!!

Should have spent a bit more and got one with all the goodies.

bnill
Bill B

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 519224

Follow Up By: Member - Terry W4 - Saturday, Oct 05, 2013 at 19:10

Saturday, Oct 05, 2013 at 19:10
Understand Buzz - but have just retired and chose to take some money as cash so I could do it. It is my retirement present to myself - and most importantly my wife agrees!!!!
FollowupID: 799255

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Sunday, Oct 06, 2013 at 09:41

Sunday, Oct 06, 2013 at 09:41
Hi Terry

If you are in the mood for spending money, I can highly recommend one more very useful item to replace.........that useless Toyota alloy front bulbar.

My 120 series did have that standard bar, but to cut a very long story, it fell off in some very serious corrugations.....those useless Toyota supports were just useless.

I went for a far better bar, an ARB one and it is far superior in many ways. The very first thing I noticed out in the Simpson Desert was a far better departure angle. With the Toyota bar, it would bottom out on many dunes, and collect sand, where as the first time I used the new ARB bar, not once did it bottom out and hit the sand. Secondly was that back in June I had the bad luck of hitting a kangaroo, dead centre at 80 kph.

I know for sure that if I still had the standard Toyota bar, it would have been very damaged, where as the only damage that happened tho the ARB bar was a very bent from number plate.

I am very happy with my Prado, even if it is not the D4D motor, and the standard 180 fuel thank is just fantastic for my remote desert trips.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 519245

Reply By: allein m - Sunday, Oct 06, 2013 at 11:55

Sunday, Oct 06, 2013 at 11:55
nice car enjoy your retirement I am sure you deserve it

AnswerID: 519260

Sponsored Links