Coolum Sunshine Coast caravan park

Submitted: Sunday, Oct 06, 2013 at 15:18
ThreadID: 104609 Views:1597 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Forumites,
Strangely there is very little info on this park on EO.
We are a family of five who prefers bush camping or Fraser, generally dislikes caravan parks. But we found and love Bargara Beach CP. It is a walk to a safe patrolled beach, family atmosphere and quiet at night.
The kids are now grown up and in search of bigger waves. (Bargara can be a lake at times). My research brought me to Coolum Beach Holiday Park. It looks good on the web and google earth, but we would welcome any comments good or bad before we book (and pay which is non-refundable)
Thank you in advance
CJ
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: happytravelers - Sunday, Oct 06, 2013 at 15:59

Sunday, Oct 06, 2013 at 15:59
Hi

I know the Coolum Beach caravan park quite well, although I've never stayed there as I live just up the road. We have also been regular users of Bargara beach Caravan park over the years, so I feel I can comment on both.

We loved the space at Bargara so long as it wasn't Xmas/Easter etc. (Always camped in the unpowered paddock). Coolum is a bit more regimented and you may not have so much room around you especially if it's busy. However it's a neat and tidy well kept park and is right next to the beach. The sites are grassy although some of them could be exposed to a strong easterly wind. I would camp on the beach side of the park as the main road running past the entrance is very busy and traffic noise could be an issue.

The park is very close to the surf club and there are plenty of shops and cafés across the road and some great coastal walks.

I would certainly consider staying there if I didn't live so close.

Jon
AnswerID: 519276

Reply By: philip t jones - Sunday, Oct 06, 2013 at 17:57

Sunday, Oct 06, 2013 at 17:57
Hi

Have stayed at the coolum park a couple of time and found it to be good except for the noise from the pub over the road on a weekend, it may not be to bad down the southern end of the park but we have always been at the northen end.

Phil
AnswerID: 519288

Reply By: Member - Chris_K - Sunday, Oct 06, 2013 at 18:15

Sunday, Oct 06, 2013 at 18:15
If you can get away from the road noise, it's not so bad. Walking distance to almost everything in Coolum. Up the hill a bit near the beach is my pick...not sure if you can specify a spot though?

My favourite in that part of the world is the Noosa North Shore camping ground - across the Noosa river and away from the noise. No specified spots - and more like bush camping. Amenities are average at best - but with the beach and cold beach showers, it's fine.

Cheers

Chris
AnswerID: 519289

Reply By: Pradobob - Sunday, Oct 06, 2013 at 22:36

Sunday, Oct 06, 2013 at 22:36
Hi CSeaJay,
We have just returned to Adelaide after spending 3 months in Qld.
One of the places we stayed was Coolum Beach Holiday Park. It was excellent! Just about everything in the park is new or re-furbished. We were in the middle of the park, so we were protected against the wind and/or traffic noise.
Sites are ample size and there are quite large ones as well.
The Thai restaurant across the road is excellent.
I enjoyed the beach, which is patrolled.
Cheers, Bob
AnswerID: 519296

Reply By: Nomadic Navara - Monday, Oct 07, 2013 at 01:41

Monday, Oct 07, 2013 at 01:41
Coolum Beach Caravan Park, Coolum Beach
PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 519298

Follow Up By: Member -Shakeejob - Monday, Oct 07, 2013 at 19:14

Monday, Oct 07, 2013 at 19:14
Check out Badgers website. Good reviews and fairly current.

http://home.vicnet.net.au/~badger04/parks_q4.htm#coolumbeachcp

Cheers

FollowupID: 799404

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)