Simpson Desert Photos - can you help?

Submitted: Wednesday, Oct 09, 2013 at 18:00
ThreadID: 104657 Views:1869 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone, I just happened to notice that our No#1 trek note (based on most page views) is missing a few photos of some POIs and so I wondered if I could encourage you to look in your photo storage for these PLEASE. Any quality photo is fine and doesn't have to be recent. Just has to be taken at the given location.

The Places I'm after are specifically:- Lookout on Rig Road, Mokari Oil Well & Airstrip (I think I may have some but old from 2002), Gypcrete Interdunes QAA Line.
Click the links above to go to each one and then click the Photos tab and use the upload button to add your photos.

Thank you so much! I really hope we can get all 3 done!
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Phil G (SA) - Wednesday, Oct 09, 2013 at 20:50

Wednesday, Oct 09, 2013 at 20:50
Michelle,
The "lookout on rig road" is incorrect. The photo and waypoints refer to the Spring Creek Delta Lookout located on the old Spring Creek Delta road. It is now closed at this point for vehicles travelling east.

Here's some photos from 2012 and 2001:

The spring creek delta road was moved to higher ground some years back. The map below might explain it better:

I'll send you the newer track file as This Link has the old track.

Sorry I can't help with Mokari photos or the Gypcrete interdunes.

Cheers
Phil
AnswerID: 519468

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Tuesday, Oct 15, 2013 at 16:52

Tuesday, Oct 15, 2013 at 16:52
Thanks to John & Val Wiseman for responding to this by adding photos of the Gypcrete Interdunes Place too.

All 3 Simpson Desert Trek Notes on the site are in process of re-routing to stitch in the new section of plot file thanks to Phil G.

Please always let us know directly if you find any trek notes need re-routing by sending us your file so we can update the maps asap!

Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 519741

Sponsored Links