Yadboro Flats Camping Area

Submitted: Thursday, Oct 10, 2013 at 10:03
ThreadID: 104663 Views:3603 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

We camped in the Yadboro Flats Camping area over the October long weekend. It's right on the river and a lovely place to stay. There would have been about 200+ people camping there at the same time. Unfortunately the toilet facility was disgusting and overflowing, and we ended up having to drive into Ulladulla to purchase a porta-loo.

People were utilising the shrubs and even wombat holes along the river bank, not even bothering to bury or remove their toilet paper. By the end of the weekend the river bank looked horrible.

I contacted state forests of NSW to advise them of the issue, and they said they would pass the message on. It will be interesting to see if the toilet is cleaned out in the next couple of days or so.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Herbal - Thursday, Oct 10, 2013 at 19:15

Thursday, Oct 10, 2013 at 19:15
Hi Kor,

Thanks for letting us know.

I first read your post earlier today. But I was having some connection problems and could only read not post.

Interesting that this has now been read almost 200 times with no reply !

Also interesting is that State Forest said they would pass your message on...On to who? I am pretty sure that Yadboro is State Forest surrounded by National Park. So who exactly is State Forest going to pass it on to ? Themselves ?

Maybe this calls for some video cameras to turn up there next Oct and some Police complaints be made with video evidence. :)
AnswerID: 519505

Follow Up By: tim_c - Friday, Oct 11, 2013 at 08:45

Friday, Oct 11, 2013 at 08:45
Probably means "pass it on" to the relevant person within Forestry NSW - I wouldn't expect the person answering the phone to be the person to go out to the camping area and pump out the pit toilet.
FollowupID: 799671

Follow Up By: Steve M1 (NSW) - Friday, Oct 11, 2013 at 09:16

Friday, Oct 11, 2013 at 09:16
First of all, it's not at all unusual to see a couple of hundred views without reply. If you take another look at other threads you'll see vastly more views than replies.

Sad to see though. There was a recent thread on free camping spots with overflowing bins and toilet "confetti" everywhere. Mostly blamed on backpackers and Britz brigade but I've seen enough nomads with similar selfish behaviour so I don't think it's entirely backpackers etc. A lot of these spots like Yadboro are used on public holidays by crowds on a boozy weekend who are not really into camping and unaware or don't care about what they should or shouldn't do. We complain when restrictions are imposed upon us but it's no wonder "no camping" signs are appearing in increasing numbers.

A few years ago I took my tribe up to Inskip and witnessed similar filth every where just after Easter - then did the same down at Sheepyard Flat in Vic. We drove down the bendy road to the camp whilst dirt-bike-laden utes roared up the opther way and thought we were in for a noisy time of it. When we got down there the last of the campers were packing up and we had the place to ourselves and had a walk around to find a good spot. To their credit, there was barely a scrap of litter or any other evidence that the place had just been full of Easter campers. We were impressed.
FollowupID: 799672

Reply By: Steve M1 (NSW) - Saturday, Oct 12, 2013 at 10:00

Saturday, Oct 12, 2013 at 10:00
hmmmm........can't blame this one on the backpackers/Britz brigade
AnswerID: 519578

Reply By: KOR - Monday, Oct 14, 2013 at 08:37

Monday, Oct 14, 2013 at 08:37
Does anyone know if the toilet has been pumped out yet?
AnswerID: 519671

Sponsored Links