Review: Goongarrie Station

Submitted: Saturday, Oct 12, 2013 at 10:48
ThreadID: 104691 Views:1715 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived

My Place Rating: My Rating 4/5

Visited Goongarrie station as part of a six car party from my local four wheel drive club. I'm personally not very experienced with Station stays however if they are all as good as Goongarrie I'll have no problem staying at one in the future. The property has two main buildings that are habitable. The shearers quarters and the main homestead, both have showers and several beds laid out that just need a sleeping bag.
There is plenty of dead wood close to the homestead for making a camp fire, the hot water for the shower is supplied by a "chip feeder" water heater, which I might add is very efficient.
Plenty of tracks and interesting things on the property to discover, this also includes some quite significant diggings, if you have kids or adventurous adults be careful these diggings are quite deep. I threw a rock in and it took two seconds to hit the bottom of the digging in the picture.
The camp is looked after by a camp host, the camp host whilst we were there was doing an excellent job, the place was clean and well maintained.
The flies were very friendly both in the morning and late afternoon, only to be expected. Late in the afternoon at the back of the shearers quarters on some occasions there was a bit of an unpleasant smell from the septic, you are best located around the front of the quarters during these times, didn't last for long and only when the wind was in a certain direction.
On the whole a great place to stay in a group or even on your own, the silence is deafaning. We stayed for six nights and would stay at this station again no problem at all. Oh and the Broad Arrow pub on the way up to Goongarrie does great food, the walls in this pub are amazing.
Enjoy your stay.

Keep the shiny side up

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links