oziexplorer and dirty weekends

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 20:36
ThreadID: 10489 Views:3388 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I've seen people reference ozi explorer forums on here... i've scanned the archives and found a heap of references to ozi but can't find the forum urls.

so... learned people of the forum - can you pls gimme some good ozi explorer forum links

it would be even better if someone could explain how i use the dirty weekends gps co-ords (downloadable - http://www.dirtyweekends.com.au/GPS%20Coords.htm )
is it a wpt file? if so - why won't me current version of ozi do anything with it? yes i've tried renaming it to all the different extensions and opening it as track files, routes, etc.

cheers,

KG
Are you stoned or stupid?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Mik - Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 20:54

Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 20:54
KG, had a lot of success on this yahoo group.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ozi-UsersCE/, or oziusers-l at yahoo, cant remember the direct link
some very helpfull people at this forum.

cheers Mik
AnswerID: 46506

Reply By: Michelle from ExplorOz - Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 21:35

Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 21:35
Yeah that is nice of these guys to provide the GPS points. I had a look at the data and can tell you the information is not in anyway formatted for OziExplorer use. You will need to pass it into an Excel sheet or something similar and massage the data into the format specifed by OziExplorer for importing as waypoint files. (If you want to check the output format export some of your waypoints from OziExplorer to a text file - you will see the formatting for the file) - Biggest pain with this data is the use of D M.M as opposed to D.D.

I have a process available in Pointplace to input and convert GPS files however this format is a little different to the one the current system uses. Have a look in the Yahoo group (if you can find the topics through the adverts) and if the answer is not available I will be able to create a conversion process for these types of files. In the next few weeks this will be a standard feature of PointPlace. You will be able to chuck a file at the system and it will attempt to extract the data it finds automatically. Having looked at the files available on the Dirty Weekends site it should be a simple matter to convert the data and even map it in PointPlace.

Let me know how you go, I can create a converter in about 30 mins and publish it in PointPlace.ExplorOz
AnswerID: 46513

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 21:41

Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 21:41
Oh bugger - I hate using the wrong profile it is David - not Michelle. Please respond to the followup or else Michelle will kill me for using her profile.

I just triple checked the data and it will not load into OziExplorer in any fashion without conversion. Again let me know (David) how you go finding the data on the net.Regards
ExplorOz Team - David
--------------------------
Always working, not enough travelling ;-)
FollowupID: 308405

Reply By: Wazza (Vic) - Friday, Feb 13, 2004 at 10:09

Friday, Feb 13, 2004 at 10:09
KG,

Try this page

http://groups.yahoo.com/search?query=oziexplorer

and you will see Ozi-UsersCE for pocket PC users and OziUsers-L which is the main oziexplorer forum.

Wazza

~
AnswerID: 46573

Follow Up By: Member - Rohan K - Friday, Feb 13, 2004 at 15:19

Friday, Feb 13, 2004 at 15:19
Start here

yahoo.com/group/OziUsers-LSmile, you're on ExplorOz
Rohan (Sydney - on the QLD side of the Harbour Bridge)
FollowupID: 308481

Sponsored Links