Trip/Gathering NSW - National Gathering 2014 @ Trilby Station

Dates: 28/09/2014 to 03/10/2014
Name: NSW - National Gathering 2014 @ Trilby Station
Description:
View or register for this Trip/Gathering
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Friday, Nov 22, 2013 at 07:04

Friday, Nov 22, 2013 at 07:04
I will be adding details as I go to the gathering page as per normal.

In my discussions with Liz, she is able to do a 2 course meal (100% home cooked) for $30 per adult and $20 per child. As time draws closer I would like to have people commit to attending the dinner in the woolshed, it will probably be the Tuesday or Wednesday night to allow those who are travelling from further afield to get there in time, but early enough into the Gathering for those who can't stay for the duration to still be involved.

I do however want suggestions as to what Theme do we have for the dinner? Wild West, Australiania, Formal etc

All money's raise will be given to the local RFDS as the local clinic rooms are slowly raising funds for a kitchen refit post floods.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 521875

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Saturday, Nov 23, 2013 at 15:14

Saturday, Nov 23, 2013 at 15:14
I have had a suggestion of a Bad Taste (worst dress) theme for the dinner or possibly come and your favourite Nursery Rhyme Character.

Any more ideas?

Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 802866

Follow Up By: Member - Fab72 (Paradise SA) - Saturday, Jan 04, 2014 at 22:08

Saturday, Jan 04, 2014 at 22:08
Feral and Formal works well. Shirt and tie up top with shorts and thongs including footy socks on the bottom. Or vice versa (formal pants and shoes with a wife beater singlet and your best Akubra).

Fab.

P.S..... love the idea of donating to the RFDS.
FollowupID: 805488

Reply By: kev.h - Friday, Nov 22, 2013 at 10:47

Friday, Nov 22, 2013 at 10:47
Hi Sir Kev & Darkie
Great location Kev can't wait have been trying to do the Darling River Run for years now and something always got in the way Floods, Road closures etc September should be good what is the possibility of incorporating the river run I'm sure you would get takers for that just a suggestion
Kev
AnswerID: 521901

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Friday, Nov 22, 2013 at 15:25

Friday, Nov 22, 2013 at 15:25
Kev,

I think Kevin S is keen to do a Darling River Run so maybe he will create a post/pre National Gathering trip for those interested in doing the Darling River Run.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 802776

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Friday, Nov 29, 2013 at 12:02

Friday, Nov 29, 2013 at 12:02
I am also considering running a Photo Comp once again for the winning shot to be put onto a medium to then be raffled at the National Gatheing.

Are people interested once again to have this run? or am I wasting my time trying to organise it?

Thoughts??

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 522312

Reply By: Isuzumu - Friday, Nov 29, 2013 at 16:58

Friday, Nov 29, 2013 at 16:58
Pencil us in Kev, would be a good excuse to keep heading down to Eyre Peninsula from there.
AnswerID: 522334

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Saturday, Dec 21, 2013 at 12:21

Saturday, Dec 21, 2013 at 12:21
Bruce,

I'll have to call you to catch up before Christmas :)

Kevin S wants to do Mt Moffatt Queens Birthday weekend in 2014, are you and Annie keen?

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 804727

Follow Up By: Isuzumu - Saturday, Dec 21, 2013 at 14:25

Saturday, Dec 21, 2013 at 14:25
You will have to do that mate.
Mt Moffatt, will depend on where we are working at the time Kev, but we will be keen of course.
FollowupID: 804729

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Tuesday, Dec 24, 2013 at 10:35

Tuesday, Dec 24, 2013 at 10:35
Also don't forget to add photos for the Photo Comp and also to vote on photo's.

It is close to 9 months till the Gathering starts so don't forget to register hehehe

Cheers Kev

Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 523464

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Monday, Dec 30, 2013 at 11:19

Monday, Dec 30, 2013 at 11:19
Looks like there are several groups who wish to do the Darling River Run post this Gathering. It would be good if a Group leader post another Trip/Gathering so that all interested parties can register their interest.
I unfortunately will not be doing the DDR post gathering.

Also don't forget to not only register your interest for this Gathering but to also contact Trilby Station to book your spot for the dates you intend attending the gathering.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 523645

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Saturday, Jan 18, 2014 at 18:58

Saturday, Jan 18, 2014 at 18:58
I have just purchased a couple of Kayaks and will be taking them to Trilby for the kids. I hope there is some water in the Darling for them to try this

Also don't forget to get your Photo Comp photos in to be in the running for the great prize.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 524728

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Saturday, Feb 01, 2014 at 09:35

Saturday, Feb 01, 2014 at 09:35
We are half way through the Photo Comp period, don't forget to add some of your photo's into a Blog and add the Photo Comp tag to enter :)

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 525561

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Thursday, Feb 20, 2014 at 16:29

Thursday, Feb 20, 2014 at 16:29
For those people entering the Photo comp, please be aware that you don't need to create multiple blogs as you can edit and add more photos to the 1st entry. Just make sure you use the "Photo Comp" tag.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 526885

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Thursday, Feb 27, 2014 at 21:26

Thursday, Feb 27, 2014 at 21:26
It is close to only 1 week to go to get entries in to the Photo comp.

I have word that only 6 other people have booked in at Trilby, can people please ensure that they book in for the period that they intend to attend the Gathering.
Liz at Trilby is trying to ensure we are all in the same area and is trying to limit other customers from booing during the Gathering dates to ensure we can all attend

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 527365

Sponsored Links