Snorkel for 2010 Colorado

Submitted: Monday, Jan 20, 2014 at 11:50
ThreadID: 105873 Views:2740 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I wonder if any member has fitted a snorkel to a 2010/11 Colorado cab/chassis.3 ltr diesel
I would like to fit one .I have options ,a Safari [which is probably the best] or cheaper ebay type.
Quite a large price difference.I recall a dealer telling me that some of the ebay snorkels for Colorado only fit the twin cab model.It would be a mistake to buy snorkel only to find it was a misfit .
Vehicle has a few kms up now so I would prefer not to make a large outlay.No doubt some member/reader may have had an experience with this fitment and could perhaps share their experience. Many thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: bluefella - Monday, Jan 20, 2014 at 15:00

Monday, Jan 20, 2014 at 15:00
G'day Murranji
My opinion is Safari is the best, follow the instructions and they fit. Some of the cheaper ones leave a bit to be desired in this department, I have seen instances of the cheap ones cracking also.
AnswerID: 524793

Reply By: Aussi Traveller - Monday, Jan 20, 2014 at 15:16

Monday, Jan 20, 2014 at 15:16
It looks like one size fits all look HERE.

Can I ask you where your name came from, as I worked out at Murranji station in 1982 as a surveyor on the Alice to Darwin railway line.

Phil
AnswerID: 524794

Follow Up By: murranji - Monday, Jan 20, 2014 at 20:07

Monday, Jan 20, 2014 at 20:07
Sorry Phil .I have not come from the area,but have travelled thru and loved the country.Thks for your interest.One career that would have travelled some great country
FollowupID: 806664

Reply By: Ross M - Monday, Jan 20, 2014 at 16:56

Monday, Jan 20, 2014 at 16:56
If you get them side by side the single cab has a different profile guard and it also has a hollow rib around 40mm down from the top edge which the dual cabs don't have.

I looked at them after someone else asked about snorkels and if you made a couple of cardboard templates to guage the differences you might be happy with the fit of the DC unit on the SC guard.

They look close but there is a difference, Definitely worth a check. There might be a gap or some such thing which is the fitting difference. I haven't looked closely but quite possibly the concave underside which fits against the guard is a slightly different profile,
Hence the cardboard check.
Some people have reported there isn't a SC snorkel available, not sure what checks they made though or what the outcome was for them. Just because an aftermarket store says NA doesn't mean you can't overcome the issue.
AnswerID: 524803

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Monday, Jan 20, 2014 at 19:22

Monday, Jan 20, 2014 at 19:22
What value do you place on your vehicle?

A good quality Snorkel (I have a Safari) is a relatively cheap investment, when you consider the catastrophic damage to your diesel engine from possible water ingress.

Go for a proven brand like Safari and give ebay a miss on this item.

Also, I paid a little extra to have ARB fit mine for me. They are experienced in installations like this. The chance of incorrect fitting and a bloody big hole in the wrong place, scared me off from doing it myself.

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 524818

Reply By: murranji - Monday, Jan 20, 2014 at 20:19

Monday, Jan 20, 2014 at 20:19
Thanks very much.Pretty hard to go past a Safari. Seems they have cornered the market. I was thinking maybe just a bra for the front,but Murphys Law seems to prevail in situations .I was thru the bad area last year and deepest was only 7/800.mm.May have to bite the bullet.Thanks again....
AnswerID: 524821

Sponsored Links