hello

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 21, 2014 at 02:48
ThreadID: 105882 Views:1735 Replies:6 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
hello everyone,
im a first time user to this site and i just picked up a camper trailer from a local friend. hoping to pick up some handy hints and tips. we have always done our camping with tents and a gazebo of some description, but finaly made the jump to a trailer type. we have fallen in love with it. now its time to tinker with the little extras as all good males do.
the names andrew but lots of people call me shorty. i live in Waroona west aust.
married 2 kids and we all love a good camp out. i work in the mining game and also love fishing and outdoors in general.
cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Phil B (WA) - Tuesday, Jan 21, 2014 at 08:21

Tuesday, Jan 21, 2014 at 08:21
Hi Shorty
Welcome to EO and all the best with your new camper.

Being a fellow WAite you know how lucky we are to have so much outdoors life on our door step. There lots of info on this site to help you out then there's the forum as well.

All the best

There is a lot of difference between
‘Human Being’ and ‘Being Human’.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 524835

Reply By: Krooznalong - Tuesday, Jan 21, 2014 at 14:12

Tuesday, Jan 21, 2014 at 14:12
G'day Shorty
Commiserations on your location - maybe you'll get to live in a real State one day :-)

You probably need to supply a little more info - hints and tips for what? If for the CT then make/model might help people to help you with what they've done to theirs.

Anyway - enjoy the fishing and outdoor life.

AnswerID: 524853

Reply By: bluefella - Tuesday, Jan 21, 2014 at 16:47

Tuesday, Jan 21, 2014 at 16:47
Welcome Shorty
AnswerID: 524861

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Tuesday, Jan 21, 2014 at 18:39

Tuesday, Jan 21, 2014 at 18:39
Hi Shortylook,

Welcome to ExplorOz.
There should be some good information for you under Articles - Caravans and Camper Trailers.

Also, if you need specific information on a particular topic or problem, just ask the Forum and you will get a plethora of information, mostly good.

There is also another forum which I'm sure David and Michelle wouldn't mind me mentioning. Campertrailers.org
This site has a good handy technical section covering things such as Wheel Bearing maintenance and adjustment and a host of other topics.

Between the two web sites, you can gather much information, then post a query on this forum to get a reply.

Good luck with your investment and have a great time camping out in the great outdoors.

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 524867

Reply By: Mick O - Tuesday, Jan 21, 2014 at 21:19

Tuesday, Jan 21, 2014 at 21:19
Welcome aboard Andrew. A great place for information and expertise of all sorts. Did the big lap in a C/T in 2006 which seems so ,long ago now. Loved our many slow months crawling up the west coast and exploring the inner deserts.

Enjoy.

Mick
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 524894

Reply By: shortylook - Friday, Jan 24, 2014 at 17:02

Friday, Jan 24, 2014 at 17:02
bit of info on our trailer. its a gic camper. we got it off a friend who used it twice and found it too difficult with little kids. It is the 12ft off road camper. basically it has nothing special on it, just the normal things. water tank, external tap, toolbox, spare tyre holder, gas strut assisted lift (thank christ),fuel and water jerry holders and gas bottle holder.
we are testing it out this weekend in augusta so we are pretty excited.
cheers for the hello's everyone
Shorty
AnswerID: 525065

Sponsored Links