Moogerah or Maroon or Better ?

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 11, 2014 at 13:52
ThreadID: 106190 Views:2606 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
When: Camping Date 21st
Who: 3.1 Families including 5 children “Fairly Young
What To Do: Camping, Fishing, Tubing, BBQ’ing E.T.C were all 28-35 excluding the children so we still enjoy some fun.
Time Duration: 3 Days | 2 Nights

I have been to Moogerah several times and absolutely loved it although the water is a bit muddy on the edges, We have also been to Sommerset but it was not that great. Have also been to Lake Ainsworth and that was nice to but there is no Boating there. Have done The Islands around the coast but really need Grass and no Sand :)

Has anyone been to Maroon before and can you compare it to Moogerah for me please as I want to make it a great trip considering 2 of the families have never been camping before. Some of us are very keen Fisherman and enjoy water sports i.e Tubing, Knee boarding e.t.c.

We have our own Boat, Tents, BBQ’s And tables Gazebos ETC so ideally this question is see what would be the better place for the whole group of us as I think some will be happy to just relax the whole time.

Or is there somewhere better then them both. We live on the Gold Coast.

A note is that 2 of the families are Chinese / Japanese so i dont want to culture shock them to much lol there my Wife's friends and i would like to make everyone happy and have a great time
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - batsy - Tuesday, Feb 11, 2014 at 14:24

Tuesday, Feb 11, 2014 at 14:24
Hi Matthew W1, we have been to both Moogerah & Maroon. Weekends at both are quite busy both camping & on the water. Camping at Maroon has changed recently due to SEQ Water regulations being enacted on the lessee. I believe the camping is now on the ridge well away from the water.
We spent (6) nights at Wivenhoe Dam (Lumley Hill) recently. Thoroughly enjoyed it but am unsure of the 'water sports' as the speed limit is (6) knots I believe. Notwithstanding that it was great & reasonably priced at $20/night/couple with good amenities & grass to camp on.
Cheers
Batsy
Every day vertical above ground is a bonus.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 526194

Follow Up By: Matthew W1 - Tuesday, Feb 11, 2014 at 15:01

Tuesday, Feb 11, 2014 at 15:01
Yeah definitely need to ski a bit :), Drove past Wivenhoe on the way to Somerset and it looks Beautiful.
FollowupID: 808365

Reply By: Nutta - Tuesday, Feb 11, 2014 at 21:23

Tuesday, Feb 11, 2014 at 21:23
Stick to Moogerah, maroons a dive imo.

For the kids we used to run a tarp off the bank and peg it into the water if it was a bit sloppy, worked a treat!
AnswerID: 526236

Reply By: raincloud - Wednesday, Feb 12, 2014 at 09:15

Wednesday, Feb 12, 2014 at 09:15
why not try boondooma dam via proston Wondai.Has all activities you mentioned plenty of shower toilet blocks and very good kiosk/shop. within easy drive of your location.
AnswerID: 526260

Follow Up By: Matthew W1 - Monday, Feb 17, 2014 at 11:35

Monday, Feb 17, 2014 at 11:35
I had looked at this but i'm a lil skeptical taking new people to places i don't know :P. It looks nice :)
FollowupID: 808894

Sponsored Links