Off Road caravan club

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 25, 2014 at 09:06
ThreadID: 106416 Views:3212 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, i was wondering if there are any off road caravan clubs in melbourne.

I am picking up a vanguard off roader in next month or so in preparation for a big trip up north this year- Kimberleys, Kakadu, Cape York- tow vehicle is Landcruiser 200 series

I'm aware of all the 4wd clubs, but they dont seem to cater for those with off road caravans- usually go to places an off road caravan cant go to or members are not encouraged to bring vans along. I do have a hard shell roof top tent for those hard to get areas when i will leave the van somewhere but want to maximise use of the van

thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Nomadic Navara - Tuesday, Feb 25, 2014 at 11:52

Tuesday, Feb 25, 2014 at 11:52
Click on this link. This gives you a complete listing of the clubs that are members of the Association of Caravan Clubs of Victoria (which in turn is a member of the National Association of Caravan Clubs.)

You could give a few of them and see if they have ,or know of other clubs, ho have members that travel to places that you wish to. There may be some who hold rallies in bush camping places. some of our cubs do but its a bit out of your way.
PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 527194

Follow Up By: Rustynails59 - Tuesday, Feb 25, 2014 at 13:33

Tuesday, Feb 25, 2014 at 13:33
great, thanks for that
will ring a few to see type of rigs people have
FollowupID: 809575

Reply By: Member - PJR (NSW) - Tuesday, Feb 25, 2014 at 15:11

Tuesday, Feb 25, 2014 at 15:11
Yes they do but not in isolation. We do not have any special interest groups that "only like tents" etc but we do have a lot of members who get together with other "like minded" members and do their own thing. All types of club sponsored tours and trips. Even a Christmas in July in the snow.

You just have to look around. And go beyond the 4WD tag.

After all if you really want to go off-road then isn't a 4WD required first. Even before you get a van. I have a feeling that you have been there as you already have the 4WD.

You would be surprised.

Phil
AnswerID: 527212

Reply By: Member - Graeme M (VIC) - Thursday, Feb 27, 2014 at 16:27

Thursday, Feb 27, 2014 at 16:27
Hi Rusty
Try contacting the Idlers 4wd drive club. They run many trips during the year which vary from tents only to off road and on road vans. You might be pleasantly surprised.
AnswerID: 527350

Sponsored Links