How do I load EOTopo onto Hema HN6

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 20, 2014 at 21:20
ThreadID: 106814 Views:1951 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I purchased the EOTopo on the micro SD card and it arrived today.
So far so good.

Now I have the card, and the unit, but no instructions are supplied to put the 2 together.

Anything I've found in search is to and from 'geeks' who understand stuff like:
'This is in the folder \OZF and the two files you need are EOTopo_AUS.ozf4 & EOTopo_AUS_ozf.map - copy these and put them into a sub folder of the" \SDMMC\OziExplorer Maps" folder on the HN6. In the "\SDMMC\OziExplorer Maps" folder create a new folder called EOTopo and put the two files in there.'

So what are the simple steps for one of the uneducated to marry the two items?
Thanks.
Paul
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Friday, Mar 21, 2014 at 07:18

Friday, Mar 21, 2014 at 07:18
Hi Paul,

Using Windows Explorer, copy the files from the SD card to somewhere on your PC/Laptop. (I only selected the EOTopo_AUS.ecw or .ozf files which are for all of Australia in the one seamless map)
If you have no way of inserting the SD card, you will need a card reader which will complicate matters a little. The flash drive version plugs directly into the USB port.

Connect the Hema to your PC/Laptop and again with Windows Explorer, open the Hema directories. The Hema will show as an additional drive on the PC/Laptop.
You will see a Data Sub-directory under the OziExplorer directory and this is where you copy the files to.
You need both the .ecw and .map file, or the .ozf4 and its corresponding ozf.map file.

Then you load the map in the normal manner.

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 528767

Reply By: Member - Trouper (NSW) - Friday, Mar 21, 2014 at 12:27

Friday, Mar 21, 2014 at 12:27
Why not phone Adele at Exploroz and get her to take you thru the various steps.
Cheers
AnswerID: 528790

Follow Up By: Member - Ups and Downs - Friday, Mar 21, 2014 at 12:35

Friday, Mar 21, 2014 at 12:35
Thanks Sandman,

Your reply probably makes sense to some but I'm a bunny when it comes to the inner workings of a computer but I appreciate your reply.

Trouper, I think your on the money, thanks.

Paul
FollowupID: 811393

Sponsored Links