Mullumbimby NSW Dump Point

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 23, 2014 at 11:03
ThreadID: 106851 Views:3564 Replies:3 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
Just a quick heads up
The dump point at the Mullumbimby Leagues Club and campground is NOT available to the general public. To use it you must be camped there. The sign states that if you are not a camper fees MAY apply.
When you phone the number provided a very rude individual tells you the NO you cannot use the dump point and NO you cannot pay a fee to use it.
Sounds like the committee are very peeved that the Showgrounds are operating a camping/caravan park again. The people at the Showgrounds are very helpful and allowed me to use their toilet facilities to empty the cassette.
They have applied to the CMCA for help in providing a public facility/dump point.
At least the Showground Trust has the total community at heart. Not like the other mob.
We will go back to the Mullumbimby Showgrounds next time we visit this town too.
Stay well and stay safe
PeterM (Qld)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: John and Regina M - Sunday, Mar 23, 2014 at 12:33

Sunday, Mar 23, 2014 at 12:33
Peter
Are you allowed to use service station toilets without buying anything?

Seems to me a sensible economic decision.

The days of a free meal were over long ago so welcome to the 21st century.
AnswerID: 528930

Follow Up By: Bazooka - Sunday, Mar 23, 2014 at 12:44

Sunday, Mar 23, 2014 at 12:44
I must get out more. Seems I've missed these mysterious servo dunny guards.
FollowupID: 811558

Follow Up By: scandal - Sunday, Mar 23, 2014 at 14:21

Sunday, Mar 23, 2014 at 14:21
Where does it say that you can't use the servo toilets? or any fast food outlet? what are they gunna do any way, give you your turd back?

FollowupID: 811562

Follow Up By: Axle - Sunday, Mar 23, 2014 at 16:42

Sunday, Mar 23, 2014 at 16:42
Scandal!, That's Funny,...a good point though....lol.

Cheers Axle.
FollowupID: 811575

Follow Up By: Member - ken m4 - Sunday, Mar 23, 2014 at 16:54

Sunday, Mar 23, 2014 at 16:54
I get the impression from the original post that they were prepared to pay a fee for dumping their waste, as stated in the advertisement by the leagues club. We like many are willing to pay reasonable fees for services provided, and will pay a fair price for dumping black water, or normal waste. What the self contained travellers do not need is to be forced to pay for a nights camping to access these services. I know the argument that people and corporations put a lot of money into developing parks for families but many in this age are self contained and may only need to buy services like waste removal potable water supply and grocery and related shopping needs
FollowupID: 811576

Follow Up By: John and Regina M - Sunday, Mar 23, 2014 at 18:26

Sunday, Mar 23, 2014 at 18:26
I guess if you don't like it you can do what many do in similar circumstances. Dump it in the bush.

Which means Council will only close more free camping spots due to the pollution. But I find it hard to imagine any business knocking back money.

So I question the validity of the original post. Perhaps you didn't want to pay their fee?
FollowupID: 811587

Follow Up By: Darryl E - Sunday, Mar 23, 2014 at 18:48

Sunday, Mar 23, 2014 at 18:48
Sorry John and Regina

i am pretty sure the original post remains valid, read it, again... Peter looked in the book, Peter rang the number , Peter got an answer about paying a fee.... and Peter then bothered to update the community... all pretty reasonable and consistent actions

... your post it seems, was taken down a notch or two in jest, and now it appears you are trying to change the direction of the post, by attacking Peter's validity......

instead of getting your back up, relax and have a laugh at yourself every now and then , no one is perfect and no one needs to be.. Cheers Darryl
FollowupID: 811592

Reply By: The Bantam - Sunday, Mar 23, 2014 at 20:03

Sunday, Mar 23, 2014 at 20:03
I simply do not understand what more councils do not provide public dump points.

Particularly those in prime toursit areas.

Seriulsy this is not an expensive service.

I don't carry a portabog, but there are plenty who do.

If you are in local government are reading this......do you have a public dump point...if not why not.

Do you want tourists to come to your town......do you want people dumping their $%#t in the bush.

Hell even if its a big hole with a shovel on a chain...ya gota do something.

Come on help em do the right thing.

cheers
AnswerID: 528947

Reply By: Motherhen - Sunday, Mar 23, 2014 at 22:30

Sunday, Mar 23, 2014 at 22:30
Many caravan parks do not allow outsiders to use their dump points, and this is their business choice. It seems that the Leagues Club have also chosen this way.

With so many the travelling public with their own caravan or motorhome toilets, for councils to provide a dump point is really no different to providing public toilets; it is just a shift in use. Councils should provide dump points for public health.

The Mullumbimby Showground still charge $20 per night for powered sites and unpowered are $15 and certainly welcome visitors. I understand that the Leagues Club charge $20 and they have no powered sites - is this accurate?

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 528955

Follow Up By: Member - Peter M (QLD) - Monday, Mar 24, 2014 at 07:47

Monday, Mar 24, 2014 at 07:47
I don't know about the fees they NOW charge but they certainly had power sites when I stayed at the Leagues Club last time I was in Mullumbimby. But I will never stay there again nor recommend pothers to stay.
By the way a earlier post suggested I didn't want to pay, that is incorrect. Apparently the sign is out of date and because of the Showground being back in opposition they no longer want anybody other than their campers to use the dump site.
Regards
PeterM (Qld)
FollowupID: 811611

Sponsored Links