Kidston (Ex Kidston Gold Mine QLD)

Submitted: Monday, Mar 24, 2014 at 22:15
ThreadID: 106879 Views:6026 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
We are looking at visiting Kidston in May but I can't find any information on the area, can any one help? In particular can we free camp there? What else is there to see/do in the area?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member Ray M (QLD) - Monday, Mar 24, 2014 at 22:27

Monday, Mar 24, 2014 at 22:27
Hi Wayne, there are some really pleasant spots to camp below the dam itself along the river/creek. The dam itself has a sort of boat ramp and there are redclaw in there so take your dillies. there isn't a lot to see in my opinion but call into the old camp, as last time I was there the bar was open for a coldie. It is well worth the drive out to Einasleigh from there to see Copperfield Gorge and the old pub and also some top spots to free camp along the two rivers in the area. If you are driving in from The Lynd there is another top spot to camp just near Carpentaria Downs and a good spot to put a tinny in for a bit of fishing you will ee it as you cross the causeway. Cheers Ray
AnswerID: 529034

Follow Up By: Member - Wayne T (QLD) - Friday, Mar 28, 2014 at 21:14

Friday, Mar 28, 2014 at 21:14
Thanks Ray. There is apparently an old mine site at Gilberton which is south west of Kidston, have you heard of it?

FollowupID: 812120

Reply By: Member Ray M (QLD) - Friday, Mar 28, 2014 at 23:34

Friday, Mar 28, 2014 at 23:34
Hi Wayne, no haven't heard of that one but a bloke I know has started mining in the area so will try and find out more info. Will be through that area myself over Easter
Cheers Ray
AnswerID: 529354

Sponsored Links