Thermal Pools from Sydney to C Corner and Birdville Track to SA & Sydn

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 01, 2014 at 20:31
ThreadID: 107032 Views:2242 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All
I want to take the missus on a run from Sydney , White Cliffs ,Cameron's Corner and Birdsvile then down the track to SA and back to Sydney over the Easter school hols. Only problem is she recently stuffed her back again and she made the comment can't we go via Morree for the hot springs we also did Comeroo Camel Station out of Bourke which had a hot artesian spa, Now can you please make some suggestions if on our route there are any hot springs where we can take the waters?
With Thanks
Andrew and Gabby
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Fab72 (Paradise SA) - Tuesday, Apr 01, 2014 at 20:47

Tuesday, Apr 01, 2014 at 20:47
The ones I can suggest are at Mungeraine about half way between Birdsville and Marree in SA, and there's a "spa bath"at Clayton Station half way between Mungeraine and Marree.

The others I know of are either not in your flight path or will leave you glowing a nice shade of radioactive yellow.

Fab.
AnswerID: 529624

Reply By: Member - Mark (Tamworth NSW) - Tuesday, Apr 01, 2014 at 21:56

Tuesday, Apr 01, 2014 at 21:56
A&G
Don't have to go quite as far as Moree, there are springs at Burren Junction and Pilliga, both on roads from Narrabri to Bourke.
Will save you 200km not going to Moree and back, but not a huge amount of accommodation there. For Burren I suggest you check with the local pub (Junction City Hotel), I also think there is a police station at Burren.

The Burren baths are popular with the grey nomads. It will be fairly busy around there at Easter, cotton picking will be in full swing. Moree is better known for it's hot springs as is it is much larger and the hot spring baths are possibly more "tourist tailored".
Burren or Pilliga will be a comfortable 7 and a half hour drive from Sydney with a meal/ fuel/coffee break, Moree is about the same. Sorry can't help you any further west.
AnswerID: 529633

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Tuesday, Apr 01, 2014 at 22:00

Tuesday, Apr 01, 2014 at 22:00
Hi Andrew,
There is a lit in this archived thread here. Seems like quite a few possibilities to build a trip around.
Cheers
Val.
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 529634

Reply By: Nomadic Navara - Wednesday, Apr 02, 2014 at 08:48

Wednesday, Apr 02, 2014 at 08:48
If you are interested in hot springs get hold of this book.
PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 529650

Sponsored Links