Any free camp spots in the Parkes/Forbes areas?

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 05, 2014 at 15:42
ThreadID: 107100 Views:1762 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,
It,s been a long while since I jumped on the forum...Sadly I had to sell my old van and so that was that.Well that was then and this is now and thanks to my wonderful sister who bought a brand new Jayco Swift last year it looks like my dream of travelllng is still going to happen. And I am very glad to be back with you all on the forum.....
So far us girls have only had a few short trips mostly close to home to get to know the van etc...And then recently we took her to the country music festival in Tamworth. So now we are ready to go a bit further from home. We feel confident on the towing etc but we have a question for you.......
My sister said she can,t find any free camp spots in Parkes and Forbes in her Free camp book she bought and I thought well I reckon we should ask the experts .

So I hope you can help.

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Bushranger1 - Saturday, Apr 05, 2014 at 16:16

Saturday, Apr 05, 2014 at 16:16
A very nice camping area just North of Parkes in the Goobang National Park.
I was there about 8 months ago & had the whole campground to myself. Nice picnic shelter & bbq too if its raining.
That was the Wanda Wondong camp in the North of the park.
Cheers
Stu
AnswerID: 529890

Follow Up By: Member - Alan H (QLD) - Saturday, Apr 05, 2014 at 19:02

Saturday, Apr 05, 2014 at 19:02
We have camped there also nd had the park to ourselves. A great spot.

There is a free overnight camp in the middle of Forbes. You can walk over the bridge to the CBD. Have stayed here a couple of times.

Alan
FollowupID: 812689

Follow Up By: baz&pud (tassie) - Saturday, Apr 05, 2014 at 19:14

Saturday, Apr 05, 2014 at 19:14
Yep, have to agree with the above.
baz
Go caravaning, life is so much shorter than death.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 812691

Follow Up By: Member - iijmartin - Saturday, Apr 05, 2014 at 22:38

Saturday, Apr 05, 2014 at 22:38
Have stayed few times in the free camp beside the water/lake just on south side of the bridge at Forbes. Great spot, good walk/bike tracks and close to the CBD.
FollowupID: 812705

Follow Up By: dreamchaser - Sunday, Apr 06, 2014 at 09:53

Sunday, Apr 06, 2014 at 09:53
Wow what a response.Thank you all I will be looking into them all.....Neglected to say my sisters car is not a 4wd is that a problem with the Wanda Wondong Camp...How close is close to the CBD of Forbes........

Cheers Jude
FollowupID: 812733

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Sunday, Apr 06, 2014 at 08:26

Sunday, Apr 06, 2014 at 08:26
Have you had a look in Places (button in blue bar across top of page)? Ponto Falls is in the area you are looking at and it is a pleasant spot - have a look here

Cheers,

Val.
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 529917

Sponsored Links