Comment: EOTopo

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 13, 2014 at 20:57
ThreadID: 107255 Views:2035 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I have recently bought EOTopo maps for use on my IPad. After quite a bit of difficulty downloading it and getting it on my IPad I got to play with it a bit and am disappointed with its content when comparing it to the free version of Aus Topo250.
The lack of detail with regards to places out west that are on Topo 250 are not on Topo200. I was of the understanding that camp sites and POI's were to be listed but are not.
Before I rate this download, I have to ask if there is a possibility, for some reason, I have not downloaded the files for the POI's and camp sites? Can you identify the file name if this could be the case so I can backtrack on my computer. Hopefully this is the reason as the Topo 200 as I have leaves a lot to be desired.
Regards, Bill

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Monday, Apr 14, 2014 at 07:24

Monday, Apr 14, 2014 at 07:24
Hi Bill,

You may light to contact Adele via the contact us link (top right hand corner) and herself, or David can give you more info, but I'll think you'll find that the EOTopo product is still in development and David is adding detail as and when he can.

I am heading to the Kimberley shortly but at this stage will not be using EOTopo as it doesn't have the detail (including distances) I require.
I will be relying on NatMap 2008 and the Hema range of digital maps.

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 530507

Follow Up By: Sand Man (SA) - Monday, Apr 14, 2014 at 07:25

Monday, Apr 14, 2014 at 07:25
Correction.

You may like.....etc.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 813438

Reply By: Life Member - Mike (SA) - Sunday, May 04, 2014 at 17:09

Sunday, May 04, 2014 at 17:09
Bill,

I think you may have overlooked the Place Name files.(Names and Types files). From memory the POI files lists about 80,000 places! Check with Adele as they are on the USB stick.
Too little time in the bush!
VKS 737 Mobile 0230

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 531832

Sponsored Links